Apply on Company Website
Description Fidelity Institutional Technology's Security Master and Pricing team designs, develops implements and supports security master reference and closing price data for Fidelitys Brokerage platform. The development team focuses on delivering innovative solutions to meet the needs of our clients. Our systems professionals thrive in our unyielding commitment to technology, which fosters a culture of continuous improvement and significant achievement. We see ourselves as a vital link between our business partners and our customers. Primary locations: Merrimack, NH and Durham, NC with occasional travel to other Fidelity sites. The individual selected for this role will be responsible for developing complex solutions on the Product Master mainframe and distributed platforms. This position requires coordinating and facilitating the efforts of several systems groups to deliver a seamlessly integrated solution to our customers. The successful candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to facilitate complex issue resolution across systems and business groups. The individual must possess strong consultative, listening, communications and analytical skills, and be a critical thinker with excellent judgment and strong initiative. Regular communication (both formal and informal) with management is required. Candidate must be able to lead, influence and drive changes through the organization to help ensure the success of the overall project. Primary Responsibilities
- Define and implement application level architecture.
- Perform independent and complex technical and functional analysis for multiple projects supporting key initiatives.
- Support full life cycle of product development and program management, including scoping and estimating efforts, technical documentation, development, unit testing, problem resolution and project planning, communications, and delivery.
- Application maintenance and on call support as applicable.
- Adhere to all aspects of Fidelity's System Development Methodology (FSDM) processes, which include the Fidelity Agile Method and FSDM+.
- Provide input to department processes and areas for improvement.
- Provide timely status updates to business and system stakeholders.
- Act as mentor to other team members as appropriate.
Qualifications Education and Experience
Skills and Knowledge
- BA/BS degree preferred
- 10+ years mainframe experience
- Mainframe technologies experience, DB2, JCL, CICS, COBOL
- Knowledge of Java concepts and APIs (JVMs, JMS, JDBC, JNDI etc) preferred
- 6-8+ years experience in brokerage (back-office operations) and or financial services preferred
About Fidelity Investments
- Problem Solving - Solves cross-project, cross-organization and cross-functional problems by integrating technical, business and organizational knowledge.
- Leadership - Provides day to day guidance project development team and facilitates issues resolution to enable resources to meet their goals.
- Influencing Skills - Employs collaborative approach to gain consensus and support for product needs. Understands organizational dynamics and adapts proposals to effectively navigate constraints.
- Communications - Organizes and presents ideas and information logically and concisely. Communications include management program status, presentations and group discussions.
- Collaboration - Collaborate with other management team members to share approaches, develop solutions, and improve capabilities to successfully deliver projects
- Business/Application Knowledge - understanding brokerage operations. Understanding of Brokerage trading and the process of trading with Fidelity is a plus.
- Skill Proficiency - Strong management, influence, facilitation and problem solving skills desired.
- Rapid development methodologies such as Agile or Extreme Programming is a plus
Fidelity Investments is one of the worlds largest providers of financial services. Founded in 1946, the firm is a leading provider of investment management, retirement planning, portfolio guidance, brokerage, benefits outsourcing and many other financial products and services to more than 20 million individuals and institutions, as well as through 5,000 financial intermediary firms. For more information about Fidelity Investments, visit http://www.fidelity.com/ . Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.