Apply on Company Website
Fidelity Institutional Technology is seeking a highly motivated Software Development Manager to join the Margin Brokerage technology group. This manager will be responsible for leading an engineering team which has distributed ownership of the Margin Product and Services. We are seeking a "hands on" manager to lead, collaborate and deliver within this challenging space. As the development manager, you will be involved in of aspects of the Margin Product along with all stages of development life cycle. You will direct software development efforts to provide technical solutions to meet complex brokerage business needs.
The successful candidate will have experience as a Java developer, solid technical understanding of Unix and distributed technologies including Web Services. Financial services and brokerage experience is a plus.
This position is based full time at our office in Merrimack, NH.
- Manage a team composed of 5-10 software engineers
- Manage highly complex distributed Margin solutions suite and services
- Participate in long term product strategy for stability, growth and efficiencies
- Collaborate with architects, engineers, analysts, project managers and enterprise support groups in order to execute on budget and on time
- Maintain relationship with business and systems partners to propose systems solutions and provide support
- Participate in budget process and estimates for project work
- Identify opportunities to reduce core and maintenance costs
- Facilitates communication and collaboration by holding regular team and one-on-one meetings
- Responsible for stability of development and production environments
- Responsible for handling any production related incidents in conjunction with the on-call support team
- Development of team members, including establishment of performance goals, identification of developmental needs and opportunities, monitoring performance, providing feedback and coaching.
- Make hiring recommendations and staffing decisions
- Ensure that the infrastructure and related software are upgraded in a timely manner to meet the enterprise road map
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of software development experience, including implementation and support
- Solid experience with Java required
- Demonstrated track record of leading teams of software engineers.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related preferred
- Experience in brokerage/margin software applications are a plus
Skills and Knowledge:
- Solid understanding of the enterprise software development process including analysis, design, coding, system and user acceptance testing, problem resolution and planning
- Demonstrated ability to balance priorities and simultaneous projects, and to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical associates
- Design and development experience working with one or more of the following is helpful but not required: Web Services, MQ, Oracle, Code Management, Builds, Scripting, Monitoring, etc.
About Fidelity Investments
Fidelity Investments is one of the world's largest providers of financial services. Founded in 1946, the firm is a leading provider of investment management, retirement planning, portfolio guidance, brokerage, benefits outsourcing and many other financial products and services to more than 20 million individuals and institutions, as well as through 5,000 financial intermediary firms. For more information about Fidelity Investments, visit http://www.fidelity.com/ .
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.