Apply on Company Website
Description The Trust and Estate PlanningOfficer acts as the primary sales agent for trust and estate planning services at Fidelity. As a member of a national field-based team, the sales officer will assist Senior/Account Executives in securing trust and estate planning business through training, coaching, planning and execution of client events, cultivation of external networks of attorneys and accountants and other activities designed to capture fee-based personal trust relationships. TheTrust Officer will be assigned to one of ten geographic regions and specifically to the Investor Centers in that region for business development activities.
- Carries a sales goal for fee-based personal trust services
- Works with Senior/Account Executives to mine assigned book of business for both estate planning and personal trust opportunities.
- Focuses on new trust sales, up-selling trust registrations to managed money and to full trustee services and on the displacement of trust accounts for competitors for management at Fidelity.
- Meets with clients to deliver centrally-created estate plans and assists clients with the execution of those plans with Fidelity products and services including Personal Trust services
- Works with Fidelitys Fiduciary Support Team for the review of trust documents to assure appropriate language is included and for acceptance of trust appointments
- Works with Fidelitys Trust Implementation Team to assure all trust paperwork is in place after the sale before final hand-off to a Trust Officer for ongoing servicing
- Cultivates external centers of influence (attorneys/accountants) to secure trust relationships
- Coaches and trains both new and existing Senior / Account Executives on trust and estate planning concepts, and on consultative selling skills to secure trust appointments
- Plans and executes client events in the local markets centered on Estate Planning and Trust
- Collaborates with Regional Planning Consultants for the hand-off of opportunities unrelated to Trust.
- Works with Fidelitys Estate Planning and Trust Product Teams to understand changing client needs and products and services necessary to drive future success.
- Trains Senior / Account Executives on new products as they are brought to market
- College degree and JD Required
- Preferred 6 to 10 years experience in trust bank; knowledge of trust products is required
- Working knowledge of personal and trust taxation, investments, trust and estate law, estate planning, retirement planning, and other financial services required.
- Legal background and/or trust sales experience required.
- CTFA preferred, CFP or MBA
- Ability to achieve sales goals in an assigned territory with minimal supervision from management.
- Proven strong customer orientation.
- Ease in working with all levels in the Fidelity organization
- Finra Series 7 and 66 within 3 months of employment
- Proven strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to relay complex information understandably
- Ability to adapt easily to a constantly changing environment, juggle multiple tasks and prioritize work to maintain efficiency
- Ability to think strategically and tactically
- Demonstrated creative problem resolution
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Strong team orientation and ability to function as a team player
- Demonstrates consistent upward trend of new sales and up-sales
- Consistent trend of meeting and exceeding all sales business metrics
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills and mentors, trains and serves as resource to field representatives and other distribution personnel
Fidelity Investments is one of the worlds largest providers of financial services. Founded in 1946, the firm is a leading provider of investment management, retirement planning, portfolio guidance, brokerage, benefits outsourcing and many other financial products and services to more than 20 million individuals and institutions, as well as through 5,000 financial intermediary firms. For more information about Fidelity Investments, visit http://www.fidelity.com/ . Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.