Apply on Company Website
Vice President, Executive Communications, Workplace Investing
The Vice President of Executive Communications for Workplace Investing is responsible for ensuring the development of executive communications strategy, planning and implementation. The role demands an ongoing strategic focus on building and enhancing clear and consistent executive messaging throughout the organization in support of strategic goals and priorities of the business, internal program/initiative roll-outs, and broad associate engagement and awareness. The vice president will manage people as well as projects and will also play a hands-on role as both manager/strategist and tactician/implementer.
- Provide communications strategy for and counsel to the President of Workplace Investing, overseeing internal vehicles and outreach that drive executive messages throughout Workplace Investing (and, where appropriate, throughout PWIS and Fidelity).
- Serve as the primary writer supporting the Workplace Investing president on projects including but not necessarily limited to major presentations, speeches, speaking points, slide decks for a variety of venues (e.g., All Hands meetings, executive site visits, cross-PWIS and cross-Fidelity speaking engagements, large roundtable discussions, videos and webcasts) and key internal memos on a variety of topics (e.g., associate recognition, business updates, organization announcements, statements of direction).
- Develop and promote standards, processes and measures to encourage integrated communications and consistent messaging across Workplace Investing, which requires regular coordination and partnership with, and visibility into, the organizations functional groups.
- Collaborate and coordinate closely with Fidelity Corporate Affairs and Workplace Investing Industry Affairs/Policy Development in their development of executive messages and the creation of speeches and presentations for key external audiences.
- Partner with PWIS Communications leadership to analyze, manage, create and/or coordinate PWIS and WI-specific internal communications as effectively and with as much impact as possible.
- Serve as the senior Workplace Investing representative on cross-PWIS communications committees and working groups to ensure consistency and appropriate coordination of PWIS-wide messages and information delivery.
- Advise and counsel Workplace Investing senior management on internal and executive communication clarity, issues, risks and opportunities.
- Assess and measure executive and related internal communications vehicles and programs to insure their effectiveness and ongoing impact on driving strategic priorities and achieving business goals.
- Maintain contact with relevant key communications/thought leadership strategists within Fidelity and PWIS to ensure that Workplace Investing
- Manage Workplace Investing Communications resources and staff, if relevant, providing context for and oversight of the broader portfolio of Workplace Investing communications deliverables and support projects. As such, develop and maintain ongoing relationships with Workplace Investing leadership, understanding their needs and advising on communication solutions to meet those needs. This includes working with all levels within the organization.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree with 15+ years of experience in a strategic communications role in a large corporation or major public relations firm; a combination of agency and corporate experience is judged ideal; financial services experience a plus but not required
- Experience coaching and advising senior leaders as strategic communications counsel
- Understanding of the value and complexity of planning and implementing effective internal executive communications
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to interact effectively with all levels of an organization, with a special focus on senior management
- Excellent writing, editing and oral communication skills
- Capacity to handle high volume of activity in fast-paced environment, with proven ability to manage both people and projects
- Ability to facilitate and coordinate work within and across teams to leverage resources effectively and achieve results efficiently
About Fidelity Investments
Fidelity Investments is one of the world's largest providers of financial services. Founded in 1946, the firm is a leading provider of investment management, retirement planning, portfolio guidance, brokerage, benefits outsourcing and many other financial products and services to more than 20 million individuals and institutions, as well as through 5,000 financial intermediary firms. For more information about Fidelity Investments, visit www.fidelity.com .