Apply on Company Website
Description Position Description
Fidelity's Personal, Workplace and Institutional Services Technology team is seeking a dynamic and transformative leader to serve as the Vice President of Brokerage Online Product Technology. This individual will lead a high performing team both directly and indirectly who support the unique technology needs of Fidelitys distribution channels managing product development to support the millions of individual investors who come to Fidelity.com everyday. We are seeking an experienced Vice President with a passion for building award winning technology products aimed at world class servicing to our customers. The candidate must have a strong background and expertise in operational excellence for scalable solutions. Working in close collaboration with key senior business and technology leaders across the firm, this leader is accountable to drive the strategic technology vision, development and delivery, operational stability, and quality process improvements for the online Brokerage product suite. The role is based in Smithfield, RI. Primary Responsibilities
The Vice President of Brokerage Online Development will act as a strategic thought leader and business partner to our organization and senior management by providing creative and innovative technology solutions that will improve the overall customer experience and provide technology leadership for defining innovative solutions. The Brokerage offering is a key differentiator for Fidelity Investments. Our leadership in this space must be able to keep pace or beat industry competitors. We must maintain a strong knowledge of the competitive landscape and also be able to navigate Fidelity to achieve brokerage delivery goals each year. Our team members work in a fast-paced environment delivering both strategic as well as business as usual technology solutions.
- Provide leadership and technical expertise to multiple teams in broad technical areas: systems analysis, architecture, software design and development, quality assurance, performance characterization and release engineering.
- Own the end to end experience for product/application strategy and development through to production deployment.
- Implement and manage to risk management strategies.
- Establish a multi-year product roadmap jointly with business and technology partners.
- Clearly define systems requirements and manage expectations with business and technology partners accordingly.
- Detect and solve technology delivery issues effectively - strong problem solver.
- Ensure contingency activities are covered related to system/application availability.
- Ensure service level agreements are met daily.
- Oversee coordinated efforts of global teams in delivering technology capabilities that are required by the business.
- Strong People Leadership, ability to form effective teams, assess talent, develop people, coach and mentor.
- Effectively and strategically collaborate with business and technology groups on technology definition and delivery.
- Foster and champion innovative technology solutions to solve complex business problems as part of a product model.
- Research and recommend new technologies where appropriate (e.g., vendor selection, make/buy, etc.)
- Evaluate core Brokerage Operational and Delivery processes as well as develop and measure key initiatives for process improvements and efficiencies.
- Frequently perform team assessment and evaluate associates based on goals and expectations.
- Comply with technical standards, policies and procedures.
- PL Accountability for the Team and Platforms
Qualifications Education and Experience
- 15+ years experience in a direct management role for a high performing platform management and software development team
- BS or MS in a technical discipline
- Strong track record of project and people management with complex deliverables that impact business operations
- Management experience of a team size of 50-100 associates
- Off-Shore Management and Global Delivery Experience
- Strong track record of quality code delivery and production stability execution
Skills and Knowledge
- Investment/financial services experience
- Brokerage industry technology experience
- Product management experience
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively with all levels of staff and management across multiple partner teams
- Passion for delivering the Best Customer Experience thru the delivery of technology products
- Experience in a multi-channel environment
Working knowledge of:
- Methodology: Agile, SDLC
- Knowledge of Testing Performance Characterization processes
- Web Servers: Linux/Tomcat, IIS
- Other: Flex/Flash, HTML, WPF, WCF, C#
- Proven management and leadership skills, coaching and mentoring development teams
- Exemplary collaboration, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Superior skill and ability in multi-tasking and appropriate prioritization
- Ability to effectively respond to dynamically changing work environment and to positively influence business outcomes
Fidelity Investments is one of the world's largest providers of financial services. Founded in 1946, the firm is a leading provider of investment management, retirement planning, portfolio guidance, brokerage, benefits outsourcing and many other financial products and services to more than 20 million individuals and institutions, as well as through 5,000 financial intermediary firms. For more information about Fidelity Investments, visit http://www.fidelity.com/.