Oracle Database Administrator Job Listing at First Data in Hagerstown, MD (Job ID 26472BR-Hagerstown-Maryland-United States)
First Data is looking for a Database Administrator that is interested in working in a dynamic and complex technical environment. The Database Administrator will be accountable for the performance of the enterprise's numerous Oracle databases while working closely with internal clients such as business analysts, systems programmers, and application developers to help define and resolve information flow and content issues. In this position, the successful candidate will work with VLDB's (multiple terabyte) in a high availability, high volume transaction processing (OLTP) environment on various platforms including AIX, Linux, and Solaris. This position does require on-call support.
Job Specific Responsibilities
· Designs, installs, maintains and upgrades the enterprise's production databases
· Provides technical expertise in the use of database technology
· Accountable for the overall performance of the enterprise's database environment
· Monitors and analyzes performance metrics and allocates database resources to achieve optimum database performance
· Works on multiple projects
· Supports multiple servers and multiple databases of medium to high complexity (complexity defined by database size, technology used, and system feeds and interfaces) with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity and accessibility of the data
· Provides technical coaching to business functions and lower level database administrators on more complex issues
· Fail-over testing, implementing database patches and upgrades, routine DBA activities.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field; or equivalent experience and certifications
· 4+ years of Oracle database administration experience using Oracle 9i/10g/11g in AIX, Linux or Solaris environments
· Ability to provide 24x7 on-call rotation and off-hour support as needed
· Able to function in a fast paced, high stress environment
· Strong interpersonal skills, customer service 'can-do' attitude.
Core skill set in the following areas:
Database migration experience from Oracle to other platforms
Performance Tuning and troubleshooting
Capacity Planning and monitoring
Strong PL/SQL experience
MYSQL experience preferred
Business Segment Overview
First Data’s Global Operations and Technology division closely integrates operations, technology and product development to make sure we have the right platforms in place today and into the future to meet the ever changing demands of our partners. With nearly 17,000 employees OT makes sure we offer the security, reliability, speed, and simplicity that our customers look for in a processing provider.
OT is a large organization touching nearly every aspect of First Data service delivery, including; product development; client project delivery; infrastructure operations; global service delivery; information services, strategic sourcing, and enterprise security, risk and compliance into a single end-to-end organization.
First Data is a leading provider of payment solutions for financial institutions and merchants around the world. With over 42 Billion merchant transactions annually and nearly 750 Million credit/debit cards on file, First Data powers the payments value chain in over 80 countries across the globe. We are proud of our extensive customer relationships supporting over 7,000 financial institutions and the largest merchant distribution network in the industry with over 1,200 partners servicing merchants large and small.
Our 25,000 employees are industry experts helping businesses simplify payment processing and improve the customer experience with our broad portfolio of solutions, including: Credit and Debit card issuing and acquiring, STAR® PIN-Debit Network, Point of Sale Terminals and deployment services via our subsidiary, TASQ Technology, Gift Card and Loyalty Solutions, TeleCheck® Electronic Check Acceptance Services, MoneyNetwork® Payroll Distribution, eCommerce and online banking solutions, world-class security services like our new TransArmorsm STAR® CertiflashSM Solutions, and more.
First Data. Beyond the Transaction.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:IT-Support/Administration jobs in Winchester, VA
View similar jobs:
Belcan - Hagerstown, MD
Locate this job: