Performance Test Engineer-Developer/Team Lead Job Listing at First Data in Omaha, NE
The Performance Testing Team within the Testing Center of Excellence (TCoE) is looking for a Senior Performance Test (PT) Engineer to serve as a subject matter expert in distributed performance testing activities including: planning, design, scripting, execution, run analysis and providing recommendations on resolving application performance issues. These activities ensure that our products meet or exceed client expectations regarding user capacity and application response times.
Job Specific Responsibilities
· Develop professional relationships with project leaders and team members and be recognized as a technical and process authority and a valuable and available resource
· Responsible for leading and monitoring the overall performance test activities
· Work with the IT and Business community to define the scope of performance testing required
· Interact extensively with the development teams and other technical resources to understand the system architecture and the necessary information required to create an effective and comprehensive load model, test plan, and schedule
· Guide the performance team members on the scripting and execution activities necessary to accomplish the test plan and design requirements
· Conduct posttest execution activities which require heavy analysis of the data and metrics produced during the test run, to identify and mitigate either test design flaws or application performance issues
· Perform end-to-end system monitoring (Wily, Optier, SAR, RSTAT, etc.) and make performance tuning recommendations
· Responsible for driving continuous improvement through all TCoE processes, including but not limited to, team standards, test planning, resourcing and test execution, as well as metric collection, analysis and reporting
· Responsible for researching new tools and testing approaches, and executing upon/ monitoring the implementation of such items
· Provide input to the strategic direction for performance test solutions
· Work with multiple programs/systems on projects of moderate to high complexity, while providing mentoring to less experienced Performance Team members.
· A successful candidate will constantly look for ways to refactor existing processes to improve quality or reduce costs
· Minimum of 5 years of performance testing experience, encompassing strategy, planning, load modeling, scripting and run analysis on medium to complex applications
· The ability to summarize and communicate metrics to different audience levels
· Experience with configuration management tools such as CVS
· Experience with performance testing tools such as HP Quality Center, Load Runner, etc.
· Experience testing multi-tiered web application products required
· Significant experience with estimation and resource planning
· Strong communication, leadership and mentoring capabilities required; in addition, the ability to work well independently and as part of a team, including an on/offshore team model
· Ability to quickly learn new technologies/products
· Strong knowledge of information systems elements (hardware, software, and network) and their application to business functions/processes is critical to fulfilling this role.
· Understanding of n-tier architecture, web and application servers.
Business Segment Overview
First Data’s Global Operations and Technology division closely integrates operations, technology and product development to make sure we have the right platforms in place today and into the future to meet the ever changing demands of our partners. With nearly 17,000 employees OT makes sure we offer the security, reliability, speed, and simplicity that our customers look for in a processing provider.
OT is a large organization touching nearly every aspect of First Data service delivery, including; product development; client project delivery; infrastructure operations; global service delivery; information services, strategic sourcing, and enterprise security, risk and compliance into a single end-to-end organization.
First Data is a leading provider of payment solutions for financial institutions and merchants around the world. With over 42 Billion merchant transactions annually and nearly 750 Million credit/debit cards on file, First Data powers the payments value chain in over 80 countries across the globe. We are proud of our extensive customer relationships supporting over 7,000 financial institutions and the largest merchant distribution network in the industry with over 1,200 partners servicing merchants large and small.
Our 25,000 employees are industry experts helping businesses simplify payment processing and improve the customer experience with our broad portfolio of solutions, including: Credit and Debit card issuing and acquiring, STAR® PIN-Debit Network, Point of Sale Terminals and deployment services via our subsidiary, TASQ Technology, Gift Card and Loyalty Solutions, TeleCheck® Electronic Check Acceptance Services, MoneyNetwork® Payroll Distribution, eCommerce and online banking solutions, world-class security services like our new TransArmorsm STAR® CertiflashSM Solutions, and more.
First Data. Beyond the Transaction.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:IT-Support/Administration jobs in Omaha, NE
View similar jobs:
Process Engineer II
First Data - Omaha, NE
IT Ops Technician I
First Data - Omaha, NE
IT Ops Technician III
First Data - Omaha, NE
Locate this job: