Account Manager, Advanced Technologies Job Listing at Fisher Scientific in San Francisco, CA (Job ID fishersci-186245)
Electronics & Misc. Tech., Hospital / Healthcare
Account Manager, Advanced Technologies
Job ID: JS20121909-87016
Job Type Full-time
Location United States - California - San Francisco, United States - California - San Jose, United States - California - Northern, United States - California - Sunnyvale
Job Level Experienced
Posting date: January 31, 2013
Doe & Ingalls is a chemical distributor and supply chain services provider that helps life science and advanced technology manufacturers build reliable, secure supply chains for their chemical raw materials. Taking a holistic approach, Doe & Ingalls works to build quality into the supply chain from the outset through Smart Sourcing™ and then improves efficiency and reduces costs through its Streamline supply chain services. Its innovative MOR™ program offers customers the benefit of ongoing risk monitoring for their critical raw materials. For more information, visit theDoe & Ingallswebsite.
The Account Manager is responsible for sales and developing new business for the Advanced Technologies product lines and services, including supply chain services and wet process and performance chemicals to companies in the semiconductor, substrate material and solar industries, throughout Northern California and surrounding region.
* Field based sales of production chemicals and services
* Home office environment
* Requires up to 50% travel
* Strong base salary plus incentive pay
* Company car
* No relocation assistance for this positionEssential Duties and Responsibilities
* Manage and grow existing accounts with manufacturers in Advanced Technologies by selling process chemicals and associated chemical management services
* Develop new business at existing accounts, develop a pipeline and close business with prospective customers
* Build customer relationships that enhance our position and profitability
* Work with manufacturer sales representatives and develop key strategic pipeline targets
* Identify business opportunities in new markets consistent with Advanced Technologies product lines and/or services
* Help identify new products, services, and vendors to expand product portfolio
* Responsible for meeting quarterly and annual sales quotesEducation and Experience Required
* Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience in appropriate specialty (preference for Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Engineering)
* 3 or more years of proven business development, sales and closing experience
* Must have a strong understanding of the semiconductor processes and of chemistry to be able to serve as a resource for our clients and effectively present information to engineers, managers and purchasing agents/managers
* Self-motivated individual who is results oriented and customer focused
* Demonstrates the ability to negotiate with persuasion and influence.
* Has demonstrated leadership and the ability to solve problems at multiple levels of complexity.
* Presentation skills to convey technical information to small and large groups.
* Demonstrate key project management skills and ability to work in consultative team approach with multiple key elements in order to bring projects to completion
* Ability to appropriately represent Company and effectively interact with external clients and with other disciplines within the Company such as marketing, customer service and accounting.
* Strong written and oral communication skills with effective strategies for interacting with a wide variety of audiences.
* Proficient computer skills (including Microsoft Office, email, CRM, and spreadsheet analysis)
* Willingness and availability to travel overnight up to 50% to visit customers, supplier facilities, and attend trade shows
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Sales jobs in Orange County, CA
View similar jobs:
Product Planning / Business Development Engineer
Kelly Services - Irvine, CA
Robert Half Technology - Irvine, CA
Sales Team Leader
Headway Workforce Solutions - Ontario, CA
Locate this job: