Clinical Consultant Job Listing at Fisher Scientific in Ontario (Job ID fishersci-193062)
Electronics & Misc. Tech., Hospital / Healthcare
Job ID: CA20132901-29900
Job Type Full-time
Location Canada - Ontario - Toronto
Job Level Experienced
Posting date: February 1, 2013
The Clinical Consultant is responsible for educating across the continuum of customers (alliance partners, channel partners, hospitals, professional organizations, etc.) on disease states applicable to biomarkers, the clinical application, utility, and impact of existing and future markers. Responsibilities include the development and maintenance of internal and external customer relationships in assigned geographic areas, maintaining a high level of customer service, and demonstrating accountability for their part in the entire corporate growth objective. In this capacity, the Clinical Consultant serves as the disease and assay clinical expert for internal and external clients and home office personnel.
Duties include but are not limited to:
* Develops and maintains respectful relationships with Advisors, Key Opinion Leaders, and other influencers within the therapeutic areas of interest to Thermo Fisher Scientific.
* Interacts with a wide range of external thought leaders such as physicians, pharmacists, and allied healthcare professionals to provide appropriate scientific exchange (fair-balanced scientific and technical assay and disease state information) on behalf of TMO.
* Identifies potential opportunities with leading researchers in the field as consultants and for future research projects.
* Effectively develops and manages demand generation and clinical awareness aspects of regional account development plan.
* Evaluates and administers external requests for research, training, and continuing nursing/medical education.
* Works corroboratively with alliance partners to provide clinical, technical and scientific training on clinical applications, programs and issues.
* Interact as a consulting expert with customers to assist in the development of pathways/ protocols to improve clinical practice.
The position requires 3 to 4 days of travel per week that may include multiple overnights (2 to 3 overnights per week).
* A 4-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Health Science field is required (RN, PA, NP, CS, PharmD, Rph); Masters degree preferred.
* Nursing Associate degree with accompanying RN certification from an accredited program may be acceptable with non-nursing bachelor degree.
* 3-5 years previous Healthcare Industry experience required
* 3-5 years Hospital experience required in (any) ICU and or ED relevant function (RN, PA, NP, CS, PharmD, Rph)
* The position requires a high degree of flexibility with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
* The Clinical Consultant should exhibit excellent problem solving and persuasion skills and the ability to create success by professionally presenting Thermo Fisher Scientific to both individuals and multidisciplinary groups.
* Demonstrated capability for scientific, creative and strategic thinking, and an ability to present and maintain fair-balance during scientific discussions/presentations
* Ability to assess and respond to clinical information, scientific/medical concepts and to present a fair balanced highly clinical, scientific and professional profile of disease state therapies and products, and any other therapies and products of interest to Thermo Fisher Scientific.
* Demonstrated comprehensive skills in establishing and maintaining relationships with a wide range of external thought leaders including physicians, pharmacists, and allied healthcare professionals.
* Ability to analyze and present basic financial data
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Strong organization and time management skills
To apply for this position, complete the on-line application by clicking the link below.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Canada
View similar jobs:
Controller - Northern remote location
Robert Half Finance & Accounting - Baker Lake, NU
Market Manager (Toronto, Canada)
Expedia - Toronto
Community Engagement and Social Responsibility Coordinator
Goldcorp - Rouyn-Noranda, CA-QC
Locate this job: