Human Resources Generalist, Senior Job Listing at Fisher Scientific in Kalamazoo, MI
Electronics & Misc. Tech., Hospital / Healthcare
Human Resources Generalist, Senior
Job ID: BP20130703-52373
Expertise Human Resources
Job Type Full-time
Location United States - Michigan - Kalamazoo
Job Level Experienced
Posting date: March 12, 2013
This position is a part of the Specialty Diagnostics Group (SDG) HR Generalist team and plays a key role in providing core, common and consistent HR solutions to the SDG North America employee population with focus on certain functions within an organization. This position is responsible for managing day-to-day Human Resource functions including: labor and employee relations, recruiting and selection, HR compliance, on-boarding, record keeping, training and development, compensation and performance management.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
* Provide HR solutions support, process knowledge advice and consultation to assigned client groups.
* Coach functional leadership in assigned client groups on issues including application of HR policies and processes, restructuring, and complex employee issues. May coach employees on people management, career development, personal leadership, and 360 assessments.
* Consult with Business Unit and/or functional leaders in areas such as organizational assessment, succession planning, organizational structure, and work force planning change management in order to strengthen overall organizational capability.
* Ensure alignment of HR processes i.e. Human Resources Review (HRR), Performance Management and Development (PMD), Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR), etc. with strategic and operating goals.
* Conduct Employee/Labor Relations investigations and provide recommendation for resolution.
* Manage the annual performance and salary reviews as well as the variable pay programs.
* Gathers and analyzes HR and client feedback and provides feedback to HR Business Partner and /or Director of Field HR in developing and implementing solutions.
* Promote use of iConnect and HR1 Solution Center to solicit HR process/functional advice.
* Handle escalations from HR1 Solution Center to resolve client queries and issues as appropriate (US only).
* Team with broader SDG Generalist Field team to drive Core, Common and Consistent HR solutions such as process improvement as well as participating in other broad scale HR projects and initiatives.
* Collaborates with COE Process Experts to execute and implements large scale HR initiatives (i.e., roll out annual programs, new programs/policies, etc.).
* Conduct exit interviews, analyze data for trends and make recommendations for change, as appropriate
* Responsible for driving the hiring for band I & II level applicants in the entire recruiting life-cycle.
* Drive recruitment efforts within established division guidelines working with the Recruiting COE. Partner with managers in establishing hiring and compensation strategies.
* Conduct Compensation analysis working with COE in regards to local compensation needs or analysis.
* Facilitate new hire orientation and conduct local on-boarding for new hires or transfers
* May participate in Employee Activities Committee and promote positive employee relations utilizing Employer of Choice data.
* Familiar with complex FMLA, Worker’s Comp, STD and LTD issues.
* Performs other duties as assigned
* May need to travel up to 10% of time
* Bachelor’s degree in business or business related field required. Master’s degree strongly preferred
* Minimum 7+ years of related experience in a Generalist/HR Business partner role
* Experience as a Senior Human Resources Generalist/Manager with a large, multi-national company preferred
* PHR or SPHR certification preferred
* Experience with virtual business partners
* Experience partnering with high performing sales organizations is a plus
* Experience leading change management efforts in a Operations setting
* Working knowledge of salary survey data and analysis
* Solid experience and expertise using HRIS
* Must model the highest degree of moral and ethical behavior
* Proactive and takes ownership for producing positive results
* Contributes as a valued team member and colleague with leaders at all levels
* Demonstrates personal awareness and desire for continual learning and personal development;
* Keeps commitments; exhibits candor and courage - is not afraid to establish a visible presence and point of view, to engage in spirited and constructive debate, to hold others accountable.
* Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
* Must be able to maintain confidential information
* Must possess the presentation skills and professionalism to project a professional image, both internally and externally
* Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills are essential.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Human Resources jobs in Kalamazoo, MI
View similar jobs:
Human Resource Generalist
Tenneco - Marshall, MI
Regional Director of Human Resources- HR- Michigan
JSA Search - Grand Rapids, MI
Manager - Labor Relations
DTE Energy - Grand Rapids, MI
Locate this job: