Lead Buyer Job Listing at Fisher Scientific in Asheville, NC
Electronics & Misc. Tech., Hospital / Healthcare
Job ID: MD20132101-67129
Expertise Business Sourcing and Logistics
Job Type Full-time
Location United States - North Carolina - Asheville
Job Level Experienced
Posting date: April 3, 2013
Job Title: Lead Buyer (Laboratory Equipment Division)/ Sourcing Specialist
Reports To: Procurement Manager
Location: Asheville NC
Responsible for the Strategic and day to day tactical purchasing and sourcing work for a specific site or value stream. May direct the work of the extended purchasing and sourcing team for the business. Communicate with suppliers to ensure product quality, delivery and cost requirements are being met. Develop the supply base (for assigned commodities) and assist in the development of the sourcing strategy. Drive year over year cost reduction. Drive Lean Supply Chain initiatives and develop long term supplier relationship.
* Organize and procure materials and services for Business Unit supporting ongoing demand and new product development efforts.
* Negotiate and manage legal and commercial contracts for assigned commodities (under supervision).
* Develop new, and manage ongoing, cost reduction efforts utilizing “Total Cost of Ownership”, “Return-on-Investment and “Make/Buy methodologies.
* Participate in the research and development of product specifications that meet the requirements of the end item products.
* Collaborate with Engineering, Manufacturing and Suppliers to execute Value Engineering (VE) opportunities.
* Become functional liaison between Manufacturing, Engineering and the Supply Chain across the Business.
* Select suppliers utilizing negotiation and competitive bid process…including e-procurement tools.
* Monitor Supplier performance and lead corrective action recommendations.
* Work closely with Supplier Development Engineers (SDE) in performing on-site supplier assessments. Provide overall leadership.
* Deploy value added inventory management techniques i.e. “Pull”; SOMI and Consignment.
* Ensure alignment of supply base with corporate guidelines on payment terms
* Bachelors Degree in business or related field is preferred.
* 5+ years purchasing experience as a direct material buyer. CPIM or CPM desired.
* Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities within established deadlines.
* Strong verbal and written communications skills
* Strong PC computer skills including, Excel, MS Project and Word.
* Ability to work independently, and as part of a group, to accomplish individual and team objectives.
* Experience with Material Management Systems (ERP/MRP).
* Proven success record in implementing significant “Work-Out” and “Productivity” programs incorporating PPI and Lean concepts.
* Ability to form relationships within the Procurement function that facilitates exchange of ideas throughout Global Procurement.
* Working knowledge of MRP and ERP principles and materials management is a must. APICS and/or ISM certification preferred.
* combination of job related experience, ongoing educational progress, and related certification may be considered in lieu of a Bachelors Degree.
* Must have experience with supplier certification processes as well as Make/Buy analysis.
* Negotiation skills - Understands completely the dynamics of negotiation with the ultimate goal of achieving the highest value outcome for both parties while being able to recognize when an agreement should not be made.
* Drives for Results - Consistently hits the goals and objectives set while always focusing on driving towards stretch goals.
* Written Communication Skills - Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles in order to achieve the impactful result.
* Technical (continuous) learning - Demonstrates the mental agility to acquire new concepts rapidly and has an aptitude for learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge.
* Presentation Skills - Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large groups and up and down the levels of the organization.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Retail jobs in Asheville, NC
View similar jobs:
Assistant Manager-Morganton, NC
Field Recruiting - Kmart and Kmart Super Center Stores - Morganton, North Carolina
Assistant Manager-Asheville, NC
Field Recruiting - Kmart and Kmart Super Center Stores - Waynesville, North Carolina
Part Time Assistant Manager
rue21 - Marion, NC
Locate this job: