Manager, Human Resources Job Listing at Fisher Scientific in Fremont, CA
Electronics & Misc. Tech., Hospital / Healthcare
Manager, Human Resources
Job ID: BP20131802-68962
Expertise Human Resources
Job Type Full-time
Location United States - California - Fremont
Job Level Experienced
Posting date: February 27, 2013
This position plays a key role in providing core, common and consistent HR solutions to the SDG North America employee population with focus on certain functions within the organization. This position is responsible for managing day-to-day Human Resource functions including: recruiting and selection, HR compliance, on-boarding, recordkeeping, employee relations, training and development, compensation and performance management.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
* Provide HR solutions support, process knowledge advice and consultation to assigned client groups.
* Coach functional leadership in assigned client groups on issues including application of HR policies and processes, restructuring, and complex employee issues. May coach employees on people management, career development, personal leadership, and 360 assessments.
* Consult with Business Unit and/or functional leaders in areas such as organizational assessment, succession planning, organizational structure, and work force planning change management in order to strengthen overall organizational capability.
* Ensure alignment of HR processes i.e. Human Resources Review (HRR), Performance Management and Development (PMD), Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR), etc. with strategic and operating goals.
* Conduct Employee/Labor Relations investigations and provide recommendation for resolution.
* Manage the annual performance and salary reviews as well as the variable pay programs.
* Gathers and analyzes HR and client feedback and provides feedback to HR Business Partner and /or Director of Field HR in developing and implementing solutions.
* Promote use of iConnect and HR1 Solution Center to solicit HR process/functional advice.
* Handle escalations from HR1 Solution Center to resolve client queries and issues as appropriate (US only).
* Team with broader SDG Generalist Field team to drive Core, Common and Consistent HR solutions such as process improvement as well as participating in other broad scale HR projects and initiatives.
* Collaborates with COE Process Experts to execute and implements large scale HR initiatives (i.e., roll out annual programs, new programs/policies, etc.).
* Conduct exit interviews, analyze data for trends and make recommendations for change, as appropriate
* Responsible for driving the hiring for band I & II level applicants in the entire recruiting life-cycle.
* Drive recruitment efforts within established division guidelines working with the Recruiting COE. Partner with managers in establishing hiring and compensation strategies.
* Conduct Compensation analysis working with COE in regards to local compensation needs or analysis.
* Facilitate new hire orientation and conduct local on-boarding for new hires or transfers
* May participate in Employee Activities Committee and promote positive employee relations utilizing Employer of Choice data.
* Familiar with complex FMLA, Worker’s Comp, STD and LTD issues.
* Performs other duties as assigned
* May need to travel up to 10% of time
* Bachelor’s degree in business or business related field required. Master’s degree strongly preferred
* Minimum 10 years of related experience in a Generalist/HR Business partner role
* 5-7 years of experience as a senior Human Resources generalist/manager with a large, multi-national company preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Comprehensive HR experience, including a complete understanding of and hands-on exposure to the full mix of HR functions in a global environment.
* Experience with Process Improvement approaches (Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Practical Process Improvement, etc.)
* Experience working across a complex organizational matrix. Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
* A track record of positive results and an ability to show how his/her programs and policies have contributed to the growth and bottom line profitability of an organization while enhancing or driving cultural change.
* He/she should be someone who is sought out for their opinion and advice and who can forge and maintain close relationships across all constituencies.
* Self motivated; bias for action.
* Effective negotiating and influencing skills.
* Ability to provide concise, articulate and insightful analysis in written and verbal form, as well as translate into effective presentations. Strong analytical skills with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
* Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Keeps commitments; exhibits candor and courage - is not afraid to establish a visible presence and point of view, to engage in spirited and constructive debate, to hold others accountable.
* Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
* Must be able to maintain confidential information
* Ability to provide concise, articulate and insightful analysis in written and verbal form, as well as translate into effective presentations.
* Ability to work within a diverse, cross-functional team across multiple sites.
* Understanding of process redesign for complex, global organizations. Understanding of HR operations and the evolving HR technology landscape.
* Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Human Resources jobs in San Jose, CA
View similar jobs:
Sr. Human Resources Assistant - Tracy, CA
Amazon - Tracy, CA
HR Business Partner - Tracy, CA
Amazon - Tracy, CA
Sr. HR Business Partner - Tracy, CA
Amazon - Tracy, CA
Locate this job: