Product Development College Program - Associate Engineer, Electrical Job Listing at Fisher Scientific in United States of America
Electronics & Misc. Tech., Hospital / Healthcare
Product Development College Program - Associate Engineer, Electrical
Job ID: ND20123108-58905
Job Type Future/Recent Graduate, Full-time
Location United States - All
Job Level Entry Level
Posting date: August 31, 2012
The Thermo Fisher Scientific Product Development College Program is designed to accelerate the development of high potential college graduates and prepare them for dynamic careers within research and development at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
The program is managed by a dedicated Program Manager with oversight by the company R&D leadership team.
The program prepares participants for roles of increasing responsibility through a combination of structured learning, formalized feedback and mentoring. Program participants will have the opportunity to interact with senior leaders and participate in various networking and learning initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Design new analog and digital circuits to meet design goals.
· Troubleshoot or improve existing circuits.
· Verify systems using test equipment.
· Design test plans, conduct and completely document tests.
· Use CAD tools for schematic entry.
· Supervise layout of circuit boards.
· Select electrical components to meet design goals.
· Program programmable logic devices (FPGA, CPLD, etc).
· Ensure designs/changes meet product specifications and cost goals, are reproducible, manufacturable, testable, serviceable, and comply with regulatory requirements as appropriate.
· Resolve technical issues arising from field or Manufacturing problems and relating to new or existing electrical instrument systems.
· Ensure documentation completely and correctly records the design:
· BOM accuracy.
· Drawing accuracy and completeness.
· CAD database completeness, robustness, and accuracy.
· Track status of design, design database/drawings, prototypes, and costs.
· Works with materials organization to ensure parts are available in a timely manner.
· Communicates regularly with suppliers, customers and other departments.
· Ensure that engineering process documentation (e.g., ISO, PDP) is completed for all pertinent tasks.
· Develop product specifications.
· Participate in design reviews
· Follow safety guidelines as appropriate for product line as specified by the training matrix. Examples include laser and X-ray safety, personal protective equipment, as well as proper use of tools and diagnostic equipment.
· Other miscellaneous duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
· BS in Electrical Engineering or related discipline required; MS degree is highly desired.
· GPA of 3.0 or higher
· 1 year or equivalent knowledge/experience in Engineering and Product Design
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
· Experience with schematic entry CAD tools.
· C#/C++ or similar programming knowledge.
· Working knowledge of analog and digital design practices.
· Able to implement designs for well defined hardware blocks.
· Proficiency with test equipment (oscilloscopes, meters, etc).
· Ability to work cooperatively in a project team environment.
· Ability to solder small surface mount components.
· Good written and verbal communications skills
· Windows, MSOffice proficiency.
· VHDL programming knowledge.
· Familiarity with IPC standards for PCB design.
· Ability to design in compliance with international safety standards.
· Ability to design for Manufacturability, Testability, and similar concepts.
· Ability to estimate manufacturing costs.
· Able to use scientific principles and methods to understand, test, and resolve technical problems that may lie beyond the normal scope of Electrical Engineering. (Good "systems" capability)
· Familiarity with EMC design practices.
· Familiarity with the concepts of embedded system design.
· Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
Locations:These positions may be located in various offices across the U.S. Geographic flexibility is required.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Product Management jobs in USA
View similar jobs:
CIB - Lockbox Product Executive - Treasury Services, VP/ED
J.P. Morgan - IL, Illinois
Commercial Bank Project Manager Associate
Chase - IL, Illinois
CIB - Investor Services - ERISA/Recordkeeping Oversight
J.P. Morgan - NY, New York
Locate this job: