Senior Packaging Engineer Job Listing at Fisher Scientific in Middletown, VA
Electronics & Misc. Tech., Hospital / Healthcare
Senior Packaging Engineer
Job ID: BP20133101-60995
Job Type Full-time
Location United States - Virginia - Middletown
Job Level Experienced
Posting date: April 15, 2013
Job Title: SeniorPackaging Engineer
* Plans, conducts and supervises the design and development of new and revised packaging for products.
* Responsible for structural specifications and integrity of packaging components in accordance with quality standards, Federal and International government regulations, United Nation regulations and Customer/Marketing objectives.
* Consults with manufacturing personnel regarding packaging improvements.
* Develops compatible protective packaging for products.
* Originates and presents new packaging concepts to customer or marketing.
* Assesses and resolves packaging problems arising in production or in the field.
* Collect, prepare and present packaging information used in packaging development proposals, project planning networks, or other tools used to manage new and existing product projects.
* Directs vendor design and development of new packaging and monitors progress to ensure timely implementation of packaging components.
* Directs the preparation of engineering drawing or other packaging specifications.
* Develops and issues detailed specifications for procurement of packaging components.
* Ensures that packaging is within compliance of applicable Federal, International, UN and/or carrier guidelines and regulations.
* Directs the implementation of new or revised packaging.
* Develops pallet specifications for incoming packaging and outgoing product to maximize warehouse utilization and minimize shipping damage.
* Directs required pre-shipment testing to approve new or revised packages.
* Maintains a high level of professionalism and current technology awareness by seeking and evaluating new concepts and materials as they appear to relate to packaging technology through personal contacts, professional society membership and trade journals.
* Works to address minor production issues related to packaging.
* Assess and resolves packaging problems arising in production or in the field.
* Initiates studies designed to minimize packaging costs while maintaining or enhancing appearance.
* Recommends QA Control limits and procedures for packaging components inspection.
* Develops and maintains effective relationships with current and potential packaging component vendors.
* Responsible for primary and secondary packaging components.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree in Packaging Science or Mechanical Engineering with 7-10 years experience in Medical Device Packaging, Pharmaceuticals, or Plastic Packaging/Part Design with at least one year in a GMP environment.
* Required Licensure/Certification: CPP is preferred.
* Business casual office environment
* Significant time each day spent in GMP manufacturing environment in which designated PPE will be required.
* Position will require sitting and standing.
* Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
* Familiarity with packaging processes and packaging equipment
* Good organizational and project management skills
* Excellent problem solving and written/verbal communication skills
* Strong knowledge of various packaging materials and machinery
* Excellent computer skills (MSOffice® and Access®)
* Working knowledge of mainframe MRP/ERP systems (SAP is a plus)
* Strong knowledge of computer aided packaging software (CAPE® or TOPPS®)
* Working knowledge of engineering graphics, i.e. Visio®, AutoCAD®, ProE®, Solid Works
Thermo Fisher Scientific (NYSE: TMO) is headquartered inWaltham,MA, and is the world leader in serving science, enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With annual sales of more than $10 billion, we employ 30,000 people and serve over 350,000 customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as environmental and industrial process control settings. Serving customers through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, we help solve analytical challenges from routine testing to complex research and discovery. Thermo Scientific offers customers a complete range of high-end analytical instruments as well as laboratory equipment, software, services, consumables and reagents to enable integrated laboratory workflow solutions. Fisher Scientific provides a complete portfolio of laboratory equipment, chemicals, supplies and services used in healthcare, scientific research, safety and education. Together, we offer the most convenient purchasing options to customers and continuously advance our technologies to accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, enhance value for customers and fuel growth for shareholders and employees alike. Visit http://www.thermofisher.com.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Product Management jobs in Winchester, VA
View similar jobs:
First Data - Hagerstown, MD
The Creative Group - Reston, VA
Locate this job: