Software Developer Job Listing at Fisher Scientific in Ontario (Job ID fishersci-190768)
Electronics & Misc. Tech., Hospital / Healthcare
Job ID: CA20122012-13771
Expertise Information Technology, Software Development
Job Type Full-time
Location Canada - Ontario - Ottawa
Job Level Experienced
Posting date: December 20, 2012
Under the direction of the Senior IT team, you will be responsible for solving basic to moderately complex technical/business computer related problems by creating, developing and implementing various computer program solutions. You will assist in the management and installation of systems, utilities, and other packaged programs and are accountable for the basic design, coding, testing, debugging and documenting the computer solutions created. You may also be asked to assist in the development of training for user groups on new applications and work on more complex assignments and major projects under the general direction of more senior IT staff.
* University degree in Computer Science or equivalent education/work experience;
* 4 years of analysis and programming experience;minimum 2 years of analysis and programming in COBOL for both CICS and mainframe batch applications is mandatory;
* Strong organizational skills;
* Good verbal and written communication skills.
* Proven ability to work in a team environment with various departments/client groups
* Knowledge of TSO, OS/390 JCL, DFSORT, and VSAM file structured is preferred;
* Familiarity with Lotus Notes, .NET, Java or AS400 (RPGILE) is an asset.
To apply, complete the on-line application by clicking the link below.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in Canada
View similar jobs:
Support Technician IT - Service Delivery
BHP Billiton - SK
Analyst, IT Security & Compliance
BHP Billiton - SK
Production Application Support Specialist
CIBC - Toronto, CA-ON
Locate this job: