Construction Manager Job Listing at FMC in Ewing, NJ (Job ID 6210)
Company Description: FMC Corporation is committed to providing employees with ample opportunities to contribute, lead and be recognized as innovators; to look beyond barriers & provide solutions; to be challenged in what they do and to love doing it. FMC is a S&P 500, diversified chemical company serving agricultural, industrial and consumer markets globally for more than a century. As a global leader utilizing advanced technologies and customer-focused research and development, FMC provides innovative and cost-effective solutions to food, agriculture, pharmaceutical, specialty and related industries. FMC’s capital program has expanded significantly to meet our Vision 2015 objective of investing in our existing businesses and going where the growth is. As a result, the Corporate Engineering Services (CES) Team is growing and has created a capital projects team to define and execute projects >$2 million. The capital projects team consists of a 10 person team that will manage and support the capital project portfolio. The Construction Manager will be a key member of the capital projects team and integral to the success of project portfolio.
The Construction Manager will work with the project teams and others to provide oversight and direction for the construction programs on capital projects and act as the content expert in all matters relating to construction and constructability. The Construction Manager is expected to adhere to and apply FMC’s safety policies, procedures and systems on capital projects.
This position will be based at Ewing, NJ and given the nature of this role, there is frequent travel required (domestic and international).
• Adhere to and apply FMC’s safety policies, procedures and systems on capital projects.
• Develop construction strategies that best meet the needs of large projects as they progress through the project definition and implementation phase.
• Review engineering deliverables in order to provide construction input.
• Lead constructability reviews on assigned projects.
• Work with project teams and operations early in the development of the projects to ensure a seamless transition from the construction to commissioning of the project.
• Act as the content expert for the project teams in all matters relating to construction and constructability.
• Provide construction methodology and technical requirements for EPCM and construction bids.
• Establish and maintain a slate of external contacts to monitor industry activity, trends and technological advances.
• Manage third party specialty consultants in the fields of construction planning, labor relations, heavy lift / transport, modularization, constructability, etc.
• Collaborate with Procurement to develop contracting strategies and bid lists for construction contracts.
• Evaluate construction aspects of bids / RFP’s and provide a basis for recommendations.
• Review the scope and technical content of construction bid packages prepared and tendered by contractors.
• Provide oversight in the areas of safety, quality, change management, cost reporting, scheduling, productivity and field engineering.
• Track field hours and maintain safety metrics.
• Produce reports as required for the Project Managers.
• Actively participate in Project meetings, Construction Team meetings and Project Task meetings
• A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Civil, Electrical, Mechanical) or Construction Management (or related technical education).
• Minimum 10- 15 years of experience working on large multidiscipline industrial capital projects
• Experienced in enforcing construction safety guidelines and procedures
• Strong working knowledge of the industrial construction industry
• Familiarity with stage-gate work process
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others and to consider multiple aspects in problem solving in your area of responsibility
• Demonstrated experience interfacing with business, engineering, procurement, operations, contractors, and vendors on construction related topics
• Strong partnering skills to lead, influence and drive behavioral change without formal authority
• Ability to manage your workload with minimal supervision, managing multiple project demands and tasks in a dynamic work environment
• Demonstrated initiative and ability to manage competing priorities from different groups
• Strong written and verbal communication skills including presentation delivery to large/small groups
• Functional/Technical Skills
• Problem Solving
• Dealing with Ambiguity
• Managing & Measuring Work
• Action Oriented
• Drive for Results
• Time Management
• Presentation Skills
• Peer Relationships
FMC employs people across a broad range of occupations in locations across the world where we use advanced technologies in research and development, mining, and manufacturing to produce customized products and applications. Our offerings provide important sustainable benefits, including increased agricultural production, better foods and medicines, advanced energy storage, and cleaner water, air and soil.
FMC employees enjoy competitive compensation, a menu of work/life benefits and opportunities to continue developing their skills and building their career. FMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EEO, AAE, MFDV and supports a drug-free workplace. If you are ready to make a difference every day, FMC is ready to talk to you.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
View similar jobs:
NECEPT Asphalt Technician -PENNDOT
Aerotek - Willow Grove, PA
Aerotek - Marlton, NJ
Construction Superintendent - Owner's Rep
Simon - King Of Prussia, PA
Locate this job: