Global Product Stewardship Manager Job Listing at FMC in Philadelphia, PA (Job ID 6183)
This senior position is part of a highly interactive and supportive team and is accountable for developing and leading programs for the responsible and ethical management of Ag Solutions’ plant protection products throughout their lifecycle – from R&D to final disposal. Goals are achieved through decisive action that combines individual initiative and partnership with diverse functions and cultures. The position provides freedom to operate based on objective situational assessments, external focus, well-honed problem-solving skills, business acumen, creativity, mature judgments and effective communication. The ability to integrate regulatory, legal, political and scientific elements into effective action that furthers business goals is imperative. Travel is anticipated to be no more than 30%, mostly overseas.
Major Responsibility Areas:
Strategic Management: Develop and lead product stewardship programs throughout the business and influence outcomes whenever possible to enhance FMC AGRICULTURAL SOLUTIONS competitive position. Key areas of oversight are research and development, manufacturing, storage, transportation and distribution, safe use and container management. Understand the global and local legislative and regulatory initiatives that shape the regulatory environment for the industry and recommend change in advance of competitive pressure. Lead the external Stewardship Sustainability Council to provide long-term strategies and guidance for Ag Solutions. Lead efforts to develop global communication plans regarding FMC APG, product stewardship, and our products.
Issues Management: Lead an established internal network of area business unit product stewardship partners to establish a common understanding of challenges, and pursue effective proactive programs that maintain and enhance Ag Solutions’ public standing as a socially responsible and responsive organization. Interact constructively with non-government organizations (NGO’s) – i.e. conservationists, environmentalists – to achieve FMC’s product stewardship and sustainability goals.
External Focus: Monitor and communicate the key social, political and regulatory forces shaping the external environment, Influence outcomes that benefit FMC a a member of industry association committees (Product Stewardship, FAO Code of Conduct, Container Management, Pyrethroid Working Group Product Stewardship and Communication
Compliance: Ensure the success of the Responsible Care Management System programs through training, audits and action plans to address non-conformances and opportunities for improvement. Ensure adverse events are reported and evaluated as an early warning system for breakdowns in stewardship systems. Continue training and implementing the human health monitoring programs in the areas.
Personal and Organizational Development: Pursue personal development activities to continually build competence, increase effectiveness and enhance potential for advancement to higher levels of responsibility. Contribute to the development of other members of FMC AGRICULTURAL SOLUTIONS’s global regulatory community. Recommend organizational change including staffing in response to evolving business strategy and needs.
• Bachelor’s degree required; an advanced degree in a related discipline (e.g. chemistry, toxicology, eco-toxicology, environmental fate) preferred, with a minimum of 10 years regulatory experience in the agricultural industry dealing with registration and regulatory matters
• Diverse experiences in the areas of influencing internal and external partners including regulators and managing compliance issues
• Prior experience managing and leading teams including organizational structures, developing direct reports and managing team and individual performance
• Demonstrated leadership skills using strategic thinking, operational excellence, communication, and networking to drive results.
• A history of creating strong relationships globally with partners and key customers to develop and execute regulatory plans in support of mutual goals and objectives.
• Broad working knowledge of major global pesticide laws and registration requirements, with primary emphasis on US, Brazil and EU. Understanding established and emerging regulation in the Asia-Pacific region is desirable.
• Drives for Results: Is bottom-line oriented and has the ability to push self and others for results
• Understands Others: Has a sense of the values and motivational needs of groups and can anticipate reactions across different situations.
• Stands Alone: Can be counted on when times are tough to take carefully considered positions outside of mainstream thinking, when necessary
• Learns on the Fly: Enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks, is a relentless and versatile learner.
• Deals with Ambiguity: Can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty, can decide and act without having a total picture.
• Political Savvy: Can maneuver through complex political situations, sensitive to how people and organizations function.
• Communication: Can get messages across clearly and succinctly that have the desired effect.
FMC Corporation is committed to providing employees with ample opportunities to contribute, lead and be recognized as innovators, to look beyond barriers to provide solutions, to be challenged in what they do and to love doing it. FMC is a S&P 500, diversified chemical company serving agricultural, industrial and consumer markets globally for more than a century. As a global leader utilizing advanced technologies and customer-focused research and development, FMC provides innovative and cost-effective solutions to food, agriculture, pharmaceutical, specialty and related industries.
FMC employs people across a broad range of occupations in locations across the world where we use advanced technologies in research and development, mining, and manufacturing to produce customized products and applications. Our offerings provide important sustainable benefits, including increased agricultural production, better foods and medicines, advanced energy storage, and cleaner water, air and soil.
FMC employees enjoy competitive compensation, a menu of work/life benefits and opportunities to continue developing their skills and building their career. FMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EEO, AAE, MFDV and supports a drug-free workplace. If you are ready to make a difference every day, FMC is ready to talk to you.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in Pennsylvania Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
SDTM Associate Manager
Accenture - Wayne, PA
Kelly Services - Wayne, PA
Management Associate US
Sanofi Pasteur - Swiftwater, PA
Locate this job: