International Tax Manager Job Listing at FMC in Philadelphia, PA (Job ID 6098)
FMC Corporation is committed to providing employees with ample opportunities to contribute, lead and be recognized as innovators, to look beyond barriers to provide solutions, to be challenged in what they do and to love doing it. FMC is a S&P 500, diversified chemical company serving agricultural, industrial and consumer markets globally for more than a century. As a global leader utilizing advanced technologies and customer-focused research and development, FMC provides innovative and cost-effective solutions to food, agriculture, pharmaceutical, specialty and related industries.
The International Tax manager will be a member of FMC’s Corporate Tax Department and will be involved with various aspects of international income tax planning, compliance and tax accounting. There will be research in assigned areas of responsibility with advice and support provided to others both in the Tax Department and in the operating businesses.
• Responsible for maintaining a working knowledge of the international aspects of the U.S. Tax Code and understand and explain how these international tax aspects affect FMC’s tax provision.
• Minimize Subpart F income by restructuring foreign activities and recognize and respond to current transactions that result in Subpart F income.
• Manage and assist with the international aspects of the Federal income tax return including Forms 5471, 8858, 8865,1118 (foreign tax credits), and Subpart F computations including organizing preparation and understanding related rules.
• Prepare and/or review international related Federal income tax return disclosures statements along with underlying computations and work papers where needed.
• Compute the foreign tax credit, subpart F amounts, and Sec. 199 deduction for the quarterly federal tax estimated payments and tax accounting provisions
• Assist with computation and maximization of Sec. 199 deduction. Work with business units to obtain information to prepare work papers and documentation to support the deduction.
• Manage the update on an annual basis the computation of E&P, tax pools and basis calculations for all foreign subsidiaries.
• Assist on global transfer pricing projects as needed.
• Complete research on various US and international tax planning issues.
• Assist with analysis and advice for mergers and acquisitions.
• Assist with the development and execution of strategies and policies related to international taxes in line with the goals and objectives of the tax department and the company.
• Review tax return filing compliance of foreign affiliates in all international jurisdictions in which the company operates (40+ countries, 60+ legal entities).
• Assist with international tax audits, appeals and litigation matters and international aspects of domestic audits.
• Review the international components of current and future effective tax rates.
• Participate in the review of the calculation of the separate foreign subsidiary tax provisions.
• Identify, quantify and analyze international tax exposures and risks.
• Monitor country-by-country tax legislation changes to evaluate the impact on FMC’s foreign operations.
• Provide support for other Tax Department projects as assigned.
• Ensure compliance with the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act as it relates to international taxes and assist with the Tax Department participation in FMC overall SOX compliance.
• Prepare and/or review other miscellaneous international related filings as needed: Forms 1042, 1042S,, W-8BEN, 8832, 8802, 8023, FMC Corporation Canadian Tax Return, filings under dual consolidated loss provisions, etc.
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related filed.
• Prefer a CPA and /or Masters in Tax or a JD with a LLM.
• Seven to ten years of work related experience with at least 7 years International tax.
• Highly motivated with excellent technical and analytical skills.
• Team oriented, enjoys working with people to achieve outstanding results.
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
• Strong organization skills.
• Willing to travel to foreign locations if required (up to 10%).
FMC employs people across a broad range of occupations in locations across the world where we use advanced technologies in research and development, mining, and manufacturing to produce customized products and applications. Our offerings provide important sustainable benefits, including increased agricultural production, better foods and medicines, advanced energy storage, and cleaner water, air and soil.
FMC employees enjoy competitive compensation, a menu of work/life benefits and opportunities to continue developing their skills and building their career. FMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EEO, AAE, MFDV and supports a drug-free workplace. If you are ready to make a difference every day, FMC is ready to talk to you.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Finance jobs in Philadelphia, PA
View similar jobs:
Manager of Financial Planning
Robert Half Finance & Accounting - Philadelphia, PA
Accountemps - Wilmington, DE
Accountant - Entry Level
Accountemps - New Castle, DE
Locate this job: