Labor Relations Manager Job Listing at FMC in Green River, WY (Job ID 2014-6645)
FMC Corporation is committed to providing employees with ample opportunities to contribute, lead and be recognized as innovators, to look beyond barriers to provide solutions, to be challenged in what they do and to love doing it. FMC is a S&P 500, diversified chemical company serving agricultural, industrial and consumer markets globally for more than a century. As a global leader utilizing advanced technologies and customer-focused research and development, FMC provides innovative and cost-effective solutions to food, agriculture, pharmaceutical, specialty and related industries.
The Labor Relations Manager plans, directs, and coordinates the labor relations activities for FMC Green River. The role analyzes and interprets the collective bargaining agreement and related documents/practices to advise management and union officials on the development, application, and interpretation of labor relations policies and practices.
• Provide leadership and direction on the labor relations strategy and desired culture for the site.
• Represent management in labor contract negotiations. Prepare for and coordinate contract negotiations including contingency planning.
• Analyze the collective bargaining agreement and related documents/practices to interpret the intent, spirit, and terms of the contract.
• Lead and manage the grievance process. Compile information on grievances, arbitrations or other labor/management disputes to determine points of issue and paths to resolution, utilizing knowledge of the business, past practice and applicable law.
• Advise management and union officials on the development, application, and interpretation of company labor relations policies and practices. Provide guidance for consistency of contract administration and disciplinary actions
• Investigate or supervise the investigation of violations of company policies and/or performance guidelines.
• Monitor implementation of policies concerning wages, hours, and working conditions to ensure compliance to labor contract terms.
• Supervise the work activities of employees involved in labor relations functions of organization.
• Provide reporting related to Labor Relations. Complete reports on cases, findings, and issues.
• Support the site’s Responsible Care Program and ISO 9000 efforts
• Monitor workers’ compensation, sick leave and restricted duty employees’ status
• Assist with HR department responsibilities as required
• Bachelor degree required; MS or MBA with HR focus preferred
• Minimum of 15 years direct Human Resources experience with 8+ years labor relations experience.
• Experience in a manufacturing, industrial or mining setting preferred.
• Direct experience negotiating labor agreements, handling grievances, preparing for arbitration, and handling discipline required
• Negotiation and persuasion skills: Capable of bringing others together reconciling differences. Persuading others to approach things differently.
• Active listening skills: Listening to what other people are saying and asking clarifying questions as appropriate.
• Verbal and written communications skills: Talking to others to effectively convey information and communicating effectively with others in writing.
• Critical thinking skills: Using logic and analysis to identify the strengths and weaknesses of different approaches. Understanding written and numeric information in documents and applying prior experience and analytical rigor to identify issues, trends or to solve problems.
• Information gathering and research skills: Knowing how to find information and identifying essential information.
• Problem identification and decision making skills: Identifying the nature of problems to include the use of root cause analysis methods. Weighing the relative costs and benefits of a potential action.
• Time management skills: Managing one’s own time and the time of others. Good at prioritizing issues and work to maximize impact and results.
• Strategic and Visionary: Identifying downstream consequences to determine the long-term implications of a change in operations. Developing an image of how a system should work under ideal conditions and identifying the things that must be changed to achieve this vision.
• Knowledge of effective human resource and labor relations policies and practices. This includes recruitment, selection, training, and promotion regulations and procedures; organization development and design; compensation and benefits packages; labor relations and negotiation strategies; and HR information systems.
• Knowledge of principles and processes involved in business and organizational planning, coordination, and execution. This includes strategic planning, resource allocation, manpower modeling, leadership techniques, and production methods.
• Knowledge of numbers, their operations, and interrelationships including arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
• Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the political process.
• Knowledge of human behavior and performance, mental processes, psychological research methods, and the assessment and treatment of behavioral and effective disorders.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
View similar jobs:
Activities Assistant - Per Diem - - Cheyenne, WY
Kindred Hospital - Cheyenne, WY
FMC - Green River, WY
Locate this job: