Manufacturing Engineer Job Listing at FMC in Pasadena, TX, TX (Job ID 2013-6249)
FMC Corporation is a Fortune 500, diversified chemical company serving the agricultural, industrial and consumer markets globally for more than a century with innovative solutions, applications and quality products. As a global leader utilizing advanced technologies and customer-focused research and development, FMC provides innovative and cost-effective solutions within their key business segments: Agricultural Products, Specialty Chemicals and Industrial Chemicals.
FMC's Bayport manufacturing facility seeks a Production Chemical Engineer for the Production Department within the Industrial Chemicals Division's Peroxygon Group. This site has strong employee involvement and is a very collaborative environment.
• To perform fundamental or applied technical work to develop/modify chemical processes.
• To make improvements to existing processes and products as assigned in order to meet Corporate and customer standards
This is an excellent opportunity to join a world-class manufacturing facility in a senior individual contributor role, while working in a collaborative environment with strong employee involvement.
As the Production Engineer you will be charged with implementing the resources required to monitor and improve the safety efficiency and quality of plant operations and provide day to day support for existing plant processes. This includes the execution of small capital projects and process studies, day to day monitoring of process conditions and providing troubleshooting support. The Production Engineer will be responsible for process changes via programs or capital project execution.
• Participate on or lead plant level teams or committees as required.
• Participate on and/or lead incident investigations.
• Participate in the production portion of SAP monthly close.
• Update the DWOR, SIC's, and daily report.
• Monitor and analyze day-to-day operating conditions of the H2O2 plant and recommend appropriate changes to ensure safety, environmental, quality, cost, and production objectives are being met. Troubleshoot plant operations.
• B.S. in Chemical Engineering- required
• 2+ years of experience in a chemical manufacturing engineer role.
• Thorough understanding in applying a broad range of principles and theories within technical field. Significant knowledge of chemical process unit operations.
• Understanding of economic factors affecting project assignment areas.
• Prior line or staff experience or experience in an engineering or maintenance department in a chemical plant.
• Understanding of statistical analysis preferred.
• Experienced in computer applications - especially technical/engineering/modelling software.
• Demonstrated leadership experience.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in Houston, TX
View similar jobs:
Mechanical Drafter - Downhole Testing
Kelly Services - Houston, TX
Kelly Services - Houston, TX
Emerson - Houston, TX
Locate this job: