Warehouse Coordinator Job Listing at FMC in Middleport, NY (Job ID 6189)
The Warehouse Coordinator performs various tasks to ensure a neatly organized warehouse and maintain accurate inventory of material produced and the inventory of raw materials, semi-finished goods, and finished goods.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Responsible for administration and reporting of inventory cycle counting process. Performs cycle counts. Maintains the ABC codes and the cycle counting data base. Leads root cause analysis and corrective action initiatives to continuously improve inventory accuracy.
• Key participant in yearly physical inventory.
• Initiates, participates, and leads improvement activities to improve inventory management and cycle counting results.
• Performs inventory transactions and corrections. Back-up for doing inventory receipts.
• Key player in reducing inventory. Routinely monitors inventory surpluses and makes recommendations for ways to reduce.
• Coordinates work flows and activities in the warehouse including the storage and staging of material for operations. Initiates changes to improve material flows.
• Manages block stocks and other discrepant materials
• Releases process orders and checks for material availability
• Backs-up the shipping coordinator as required
• Stewart for the use of proper PPE and the use of the proper safety procedures in the warehouses
• Effectively interacts with plant departments such as purchasing and operations in order to meet plan goals
• Works with finance on inventory adjustments.
• Oversees incoming materials and assures that materials are properly identified, quantities are correct, and the materials match the purchase order specifications.
Safety, Health, and Environment
• Performs job duties in a manner that supports the belief that all jobs can be performed safely and that no job is worth doing that would risk the health, safety, or welfare of the plant employees or community.
• Follows all applicable RCRA, SPCC, and Hazmat rules and procedures and instructs others to do the same.
• Encouraged to read and ask questions about safety materials such as Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) and Job Safety Analysis (JSA).
• Follows all safety rules and procedures and instructs other personnel and\or visitors in the area to do the same.
• Participates in scheduled and unscheduled safety meetings\huddles to raise safety awareness in work areas.
• Participates in safety programs throughout the plant.
• Participates in incident investigations identifying root causes and appropriate corrective action to improve safety and environmental performance in areas.
Responsible Care Management Systems (RCMS)
• Understands supports, participates and strictly adheres to site standards, policies and procedures relevant to safety, industrial hygiene, and security/CTPAT requirements and environmental.
• Promotes the belief that all jobs can be performed safely and that no job is worth doing that would risk the health, safety, or welfare of the plant employees or community.
• Prefer 2 year college degree with 3-5 years’ experience in inventory management, supply chain, and or warehousing or 8 years’ experience in the same areas
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Prefer experience in SAP, would consider experience in another MRP system
• Good Excel Skills - ability to create and use spreadsheets
• Ability to use search engines
• Other Skills & Competencies:
• Forklift certification
• Ability to lead process improvements
• Teamwork/ Ability to work with others (various levels within the organization)
• Attendance/ Dependability
• Organizational Skills
• Action Orientated
• Analytical Skills
• Communication Skills
• Math Skills
FMC Corporation is committed to providing employees with ample opportunities to contribute, lead and be recognized as innovators, to look beyond barriers to provide solutions, to be challenged in what they do and to love doing it. FMC is one of the world’s foremost diversified chemical companies with leading positions in agricultural, industrial, and consumer markets. FMC is 5,000+ employees strong with an annual sales volume of $3.3 billion, and provides innovative solutions, applications and market-leading products for three (3) distinct business segments: FMC Agricultural Solutions, FMC Health and Nutrition, and FMC Minerals.
FMC employs people across a broad range of occupations in locations across the world where we use advanced technologies in research and development, mining, and manufacturing to produce customized products and applications. Our offerings provide important sustainable benefits, including increased agricultural production, better foods and medicines, advanced energy storage, and cleaner water, air and soil.
FMC employees enjoy competitive compensation, a menu of work/life benefits and opportunities to continue developing their skills and building their career. FMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EEO, AAE, MFDV and supports a drug-free workplace. If you are ready to make a difference every day, FMC is ready to talk to you.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Supply Chain jobs in Buffalo, NY
View similar jobs:
Locate this job: