Warehouse Supervisor Job Listing at FMC in Mechanicsburg, PA (Job ID 2013-6286)
FMC Corporation is committed to providing employees with ample opportunities to contribute, lead and be recognized as innovators, to look beyond barriers to provide solutions, to be challenged in what they do and to love doing it. FMC is an S&P 500, diversified chemical company serving agricultural, industrial and consumer markets globally for more than a century. As a global leader utilizing advanced technologies and customer-focused research and development, FMC provides innovative and cost-effective solutions to food, agriculture, pharmaceutical, specialty and related industries.
The Warehouse Supervisor will supervise and effectively coordinate the Receiving and Shipping of all finished goods. Control workflow by coordinating with DC manager and administrative staff. Perform as back-up for the Site Manager as needed.
Health, Safety, Security and Environmental
• Comply with all Health, Safety, Security and Environmental System procedures.
• Lead safety team and enforce FMC and DC policy and safe work practices.
• Reinforce safe conditions and behavior through training and ‘near miss’ and accident analyses processes
• Conduct scheduled and ad hoc facility inspections: note and address deficiencies.
• Ensure safe operation of DC equipment through preventive maintenance and operator training
Personal and Personnel Development
• On board, orient and train new personnel. Conduct and supervise operator training. Conduct re-training as needed, or per training schedule including make-ups.
• Perform timely and effective annual performance appraisals for the DC employees, following up on any actions and development plans.
• Publish and administer attendance and discipline programs. Maintain accurate counseling records.
• Enforce FMC and DC standards of product storage, handling and preparation. Inspect all inbound and outbound product for satisfactory condition
• Ensure that all containers/trucks are suitable to ship FMC finished goods in, and that the goods themselves are free of dirt and debris and suitable for shipment.
• Practice good GMP in work and storage areas, ensuring that GMP standards are met in the DC.
• In conjunction with DC manager, plan, measure, and report Key Productivity Indicators. Establish and maintain feedback to performers for the purpose of continuous improvement
• Plan execute and control finished goods shipments and goods receipts.
o Coordinate product receiving schedule. Use fork truck, bar coding and manual methods to unload and store all received materials.
o Ensure inspection of inbounds and returns for correct product, count and condition. Check correct put away
o Supervise order picking, staging and loading
o Label and prepare drums, boxes and bags of finished product for shipping.
o Prepare and review for accuracy labels for product shipments.
o Use Bar Code and SAP Systems to pick and load customer orders for shipment.
o Use forklift truck and manual methods to load drums and pallets in trailers and trucks
• Coordinate product-shipping schedule with the admin staff to ensure on time shipments to meet customer needs.
• Enforce compliance with product storage, movement and relabeling procedures,
• Execute cycle counting and issue resolution in coordination with admin staff,
• Timely address system issues to support correct procedure and behavior by floor operators.
• Coordinate expense budgeting with DC manager,
• Advise DC Manageron replacement, improvement and emergency capital requirements.
• BA in Business, Logistics or related field
• SAP certification desired
• Six Sigma or similar certification
• Expertise at MS suite of programs
• 3+ years supervisory experience in an industrial warehouse/distribution environment
• 5+ years of directly related warehouse or distriution experience.
• Ability to train and motivate hourly performers
• Excellent communication/presentation skills
• Ability to function in a high pressure, fast-paced environment
• Exercise initiative to identify and solve issue rapidly
• Must be able to work 11-8pm shift
• Able to operate on foot in a warehouse environment for long periods of time.
“FMC employs people across a broad range of occupations in locations across the world where we use advanced technologies in research and development, mining, and manufacturing to produce customized products and applications. Our offerings provide important sustainable benefits, including increased agricultural production, better foods and medicines, advanced energy storage, and cleaner water, air and soil.
FMC employees enjoy competitive compensation, a menu of work/life benefits and opportunities to continue developing their skills and building their career. FMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EEO, AAE, MFDV and supports a drug-free workplace. If you are ready to make a difference every day, FMC is ready to talk to you.”
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Supply Chain jobs in Pennsylvania Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
Ryder - Easton, PA
Sr. Manager, Production
Philips North America - Reedsville, PA
Heavy Equipment Mechanic - CONUS
ManTech - Annville, PA
Locate this job: