Client Architect Job Listing at Forsythe Technology, Inc. in United States of America
Computers & Information Technology, Technology
Joining a vibrant, respected, and growing company is one of the smartest career choices you can make today.
Founded in 1971, Forsythe is an information technology infrastructure integrator. Forsythe helps complex organizations across all industries, including Fortune 1000 companies, optimize the cost and manage the risk of their IT while improving performance. Forsythe provides independent technology and business consulting services, technology leasing services, and value-added reseller services for all the leading technology product manufacturers. Headquartered in Skokie, Illinois, Forsythe employs nearly 900 people in 50 offices throughout the United States and Canada. Forsythe is privately held and 100-percent employee-owned. We offer a rewarding work environment, competitive benefits, and wide-ranging opportunities for professional growth. Forsythe is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We support a diverse workforce.
At Forsythe, we are 100% employee owned via our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Everyone has a stake in the quality of our work, the success of our business, the satisfaction of our customers, and the appreciation of their shares in Forsythe. As an employee-owner, you'll be proud to call Forsythe YOUR company.
We are currently looking for a Client Architect to join our Technology Solutions Group.
Leads assessments, architects and oversees the implementation of complex, cross discipline IT infrastructure environments for our clients within an hourly or fixed bid project. Acts as a lead architect or engagement manager on these large, multi-discipline engagements. Works in a professional manner to complete project responsibilities on time and on budget, resulting in high customer satisfaction. Develops and maintains own technical knowledge, as well as leading and developing teams to deliver these solutions. Responsible for creating clear concise proposals and contractually sound Statements of Work and project estimating and pricing models. Develops intellectual property around these cross-technology discipline solutions, including sales collateral and delivery methodologies.
Delivery: Using practice templates, scripts and procedures; leads assessment and architecture of complex IT infrastructure solutions in customer environments, including hardware and software. Regularly serves in the lead architect role on a project team to provide guidance to other team members. Serve as the executive program manager with responsibility for managing client expectations, while seeking and fostering additional sales opportunities with clients. As part of this role, is responsible for managing the quality assurance process to deliver high quality, on-time deliverables.
Consistently achieves outstanding customer satisfaction results on all consulting engagements.
Practice Development: Supports activities that drive practice growth and profitability:
Directly interacts with clients, account managers and Forsythe pre-sales architects to identify, qualify, and validate client requirements for selling solutions. Creates proposals and contractually sound Statements of Work (SOW), level of effort estimates, and total solution pricing for profitable post-sales delivery. Provides significant and demonstrated services solution sales to meet practice GPM goals
Leads the development of best practices, strategies, methodologies and documentation/templates. Occasionally presents externally as a thought leader
Staff Management: Supports activities that drive practice delivery through the management of employees and sub-contractors:
Directly develops and supervises staff with responsibility for ensuring engagement success and appropriate use of practice tools, methodologies, deliverables and client presentation
Required: BA/BS 4 year College Degree in engineering, computer science or technology related field; or 6 years equivalent industry experience
· Required: Eight to Twelve years of IT infrastructure technical implementation experience
· Required: Five plus years of client facing IT infrastructure consulting experience
· Desired: Four plus years of big consulting company experience or equivalent
· Direct consulting experience involving architecture, recommendation and implementation of cross domain technology solutions at an enterprise level
· At least 4 years of demonstrated presales experience: gathering client requirements, proposing technology solutions, writing Statements of Work or contracts, and winning technology services business
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
· Ability to interact effectively with senior executives
· Strong business acumen – Add value to the executive team through participating and driving the business strategy. Self starter that anticipates and solves issues and develop innovative solutions.
· Demonstrated ability to manage complex IT Infrastructure projects
· Demonstrated top tier consulting expertise (gather requirements, problem solve and recommend) in mid-sized and Fortune 1000 customer environments
· Manage multi-vendor IT projects, conduct financial analysis and lead teams to implement solutions
· Ability to work as a team player and a leader in a consulting environment
· Resourceful working with disparate client and internal departments to deliver meaningful solutions
Ability to travel up to 60 - 70%
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in USA
View similar jobs:
Sr Customer Support Engineer - Historian
Invensys - United States of America
DTE Energy - United States of America
Senior Facilities Engineer
Marathon Oil - United States of America
Locate this job: