Sr. Consultant - Security Virt Job Listing at Forsythe Technology, Inc. in USA (Job ID forsythe-548373864482254)
Computers & Information Technology, Technology
Joining a vibrant, respected, and growing company is one of the smartest career choices you can make today.
Founded in 1971, Forsythe is an information technology infrastructure integrator. Forsythe helps complex organizations across all industries, including Fortune 1000 companies, optimize the cost and manage the risk of their IT while improving performance. Forsythe provides independent technology and business consulting services, technology leasing services, and value-added reseller services for all the leading technology product manufacturers. Headquartered in Skokie, Illinois, Forsythe employs 900 people in 50 offices throughout the United States and Canada. Forsythe is privately held and 100-percent employee-owned. In 2009, Forsythe achieved its 39th consecutive year of profitability. We offer a rewarding work environment, competitive benefits, and wide-ranging opportunities for professional growth. Forsythe is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We support a diverse workforce.
At Forsythe, we are 100% employee owned via our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Everyone has a stake in the quality of our work, the success of our business, the satisfaction of our customers, and the appreciation of their shares in Forsythe. As an employee-owner, you'll be proud to call Forsythe YOUR company.
We are currently looking for a Perimeter Consultant with specialized experience in securing virtual environments to join our national Security practice, preferably, but not limited to, the Mid Atlantic or Chicag land area.
Senior Consultant will have primary responsibility for evaluating and implementing our clients’ perimeter protection needs by translating the clients’ operational requirements into technical solutions. Responsibilities include assessments, technology evaluations and performing implementation of security solutions. Client work will require working with technologies including: firewalls (next generation), intrusion prevention, secure gateway, hypervisors and virtual switching.
· Working with clients in the field to evaluate virtual security needs and implement security solutions.
· Consistently achieve excellent levels of customer satisfaction on all consulting engagements by participating as a team member, exceeding client expectations and following manager’s direction.
· Learning new technologies and certifying in them.
Bachelor’s degree highly preferred
High School Diploma or GED required
5-7 years total Information Technology experience, including:
3-4 years security consulting experience including implementation experience.
Must have 2 years hands on experience with VMware, hypervisors and V-switching including working with Catbird, HyTrust, Trend Micro, Juniper, Checkpoint, McAfee
o Experience with virtualized and standard compensating controls (Firewalls, IDPS, Content Filtering, Access Control, etc)
Additionally experience in the following security solutions is preferred:
Firewalls: Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto
Intrusion Prevention Systems: Sourcefire, Palo Alto, Fortinet, McAfee
Secure Web Gateway: Bluecoat / Zscaler / McAfee / Cisco / Websense
Malcode: Damballa / FireEye
CISSP highly desired
CISA, CISM desired
· Demonstrated top tier consulting expertise (gather requirements, problem solve and recommend) in mid-sized and Fortune 1000 customer environments
· Demonstrated ability to assess and evaluate security solutions using procedures, scripts, and templates.
· Ability to write reports including recommendations, root cause analysis, security summary analysis and project roadmaps
· Resourceful working with disparate client and internal departments to deliver meaningful solutions.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong time management and organizational skills.
· Strong client presentation skills and excellent client presence
· Excellent Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Adept in project management techniques
· Ability to travel up to 60%
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in USA
View similar jobs:
Godiva - USA
Inventory Specialist-Data Collections Associate - Part Time
CROSSMARK - Baton Rouge, LA
Lube Technician/Crew Chief Shreveport, LA
Bridgestone - Firestone - Greenwood, LA
Locate this job: