Sr Consultant-Unix Job Listing at Forsythe Technology, Inc. in USA (Job ID forsythe-124798046514253)
Computers & Information Technology, Technology
Joining a vibrant, respected, and growing company is one of the smartest career choices you can make today.
Founded in 1971, Forsythe is an information technology infrastructure integrator. Forsythe helps complex organizations across all industries, including Fortune 1000 companies, optimize the cost and manage the risk of their IT while improving performance. Forsythe provides independent technology and business consulting services, technology leasing services, and value-added reseller services for all the leading technology product manufacturers. Headquartered in Skokie, Illinois, Forsythe employs nearly 900 people in 50 offices throughout the United States and Canada. Forsythe is privately held and 100-percent employee-owned. We offer a rewarding work environment, competitive benefits, and wide-ranging opportunities for professional growth. Forsythe is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We support a diverse workforce.
At Forsythe, we are 100% employee owned via our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Everyone has a stake in the quality of our work, the success of our business, the satisfaction of our customers, and the appreciation of their shares in Forsythe. As an employee-owner, you'll be proud to call Forsythe YOUR company.
We are currently looking for a Sr Consultant – Unix Converged; Exadata to join our Systems Consulting department and to be located within any of our key areas nationally.
The Sr. Technical Consultant provides consulting and support for Forsythe internal and external customers relating to Storage Solutions.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assess, architect, design and implement system configurations in customer environments. Assess, architect, design and implement system configuration for database and software in customer environments. Directly interact with clients, account managers and solution architects to identify, develop, qualify, and obtain complete information for solutions including hardware, software and services, and complete proposal/SOW development.
· Mentor associate consultants and consultants and serve as escalation point for technical related project issues.
· Contribute and develop best practices, strategies, methodologies and documentation/templates
· Achieve high level of Customer Satisfaction on all consulting engagements by overseeing and leading technical work streams and managing client project expectations with project managers and technical consultants and develop strong customer relationships and trust to secure future business.
· B.S. or B.A. in a technical discipline strongly preferred
· 3+ years experience with the following is required: Exadata, Exalogic or Oracle Database Appliance
· Experience with the following skills preferred in addition Oracle: Solaris, Oracle Enterprise or RedHat Linux
· 5 years consulting experience related to specific technical offerings such as Solaris Administration, Oracle Database administration, Linux Administration, Oracle software solutions, Server and/or database consolidation
· Demonstrated experience formulating advisory consulting deliverables such as server consolidation studies, virtualization assessments, operational assessments, or system architectural assessments.
· Demonstrated experience in delivery of consultative services for: Systems/Server consolidation and virtualization, Database Migrations, Systems Architecture and Design, etc.
· In depth direct system engineering experience involving hardware, software and services solutions from Oracle, such as Mx000-series platforms, T-series platforms.
· Direct involvement in working with inside teams to fully develop, configure and position hardware, software and services and the process to support sales.
· Direct involvement and/or management of Enterprise infrastructure installations with focus on large computing environments.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Oracle Database 11g, Oracle RAC, Oracle Exadata, Oracle Solaris 10 or 11, Oracle Enterprise Linux Certifications strongly desired.
Experience implementing technology in large environments.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Strong presentation skills.
Strong time management and organizational skills.
Ability to acquire technical skills and problem solve.
Ability to work as a team player and lead technical teams in a consulting environment.
Ability to translate vague and unrelated facts into complex solutions adding customer business value.
Ability to travel up to 50%-60% nationwide.
Ability to work with wide variety of client staff from IT executives to technical staff.
Resourceful at working with disparate client and internal departments to deliver meaningful solutions.
Demonstrated ability to architect, design, implement and troubleshoot complex HW and SW systems and configurations.
Demonstrated ability to independently execute assessment projects including planning and running interview and technical discovery, documenting findings and recommendations, developing solution scenarios, and developing and finalizing assessment deliverables with customers.
Demonstrated ability to establish quick credibility and influence with midsized and Fortune 1000 customers.
Demonstrated ability to develop strong customer relationships and trust to secure future business.
Demonstrated ability to achieve high level of Customer Satisfaction on all consulting engagements.
Area/Specialty: Technical Consulting/Servers
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in USA
View similar jobs:
SAP - United States of America
Compensation Infrastructure Manager
Wells Fargo - United States of America
Locate this job: