Game Server Engineer Job Listing at Foundation 9 Entertainment, Inc. in United States of America
Game Server Engineer
Location: OR - Eugene - Pipeworks
Job Code: 935
# of openings: 1
The Game Server Engineer ensures we can execute on projects with a back-end or server-side component by designing and implementing back-end components directly while leading others.
* Architect the server side of our social and on-line games.
* Architect the interface between the game server and game client.
* Make sure all systems are performant and scale well.
* Solve deployment, performance and security problems.
* Read and interpret game and technical design documents.
* Write technical design documents.
* Produce schedules and meet agreed upon deadlines while maintaining quality.
* Collaborate with designers to make game designs on-line friendly.
* Fix and classify bugs from the bug database.
* Collaborate with artists, designers and programmers.
* Supervise small teams of engineers when necessary.
* Keep producers and Technical Director apprised of progress and status.
* Provide technical leadership while training other engineers in back-end technologies and acting as a resource for the studio.
* Experience deploying web application in a commercial environment.
* Extensive software development experience.
* Extensive knowledge of web application architecture.
* Ability to create and deploy complex web applications.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
* Demonstrated ability to research problems by using external resources.
* A passion for video games.
* B.S. in Computer Science, Math or Engineering.
* Experience with game development.
* Working knowledge and experience with the Unity game engine.
Pipeworks Software was founded in 1999 by a group of people who came together with a commitment to making high quality games and delivering a satisfying experience to our clients. Those ideas continue to drive everything that we do today. We are a versatile developer of fun console games, with an emphasis on absolute dependability for our publishing partners. When we commit to something, we will deliver it at a high quality and on time. Pipeworks is part of Foundation 9 Entertainment, a collective of independent game development studios located all over the world.
During our 11 years in business, we have crafted titles including platformers, brawlers, driving games, rhythm games, and board games. We have the distinction of shipping a launch title for the Nintendo Wii,Rampage: Total Destruction, which has sold over one million units. We have also shipped these exciting titles:Godzilla: Unleashed, Boogie, Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian, Deadliest Warrior, Monopoly, Zumba, U Draw and Charm Girls Club.
Besides being one of the first independent developers to work on the Wii, Pipeworks was also in on the ground floor of development on the Microsoft Xbox and Xbox 360, creating the boot ROMS for both systems and several cutting-edge Xbox demos, designed to show off the capabilities of the system before it launched.
Pipeworks is located in the Pacific Northwest in beautiful Eugene, Oregon, home to the University of Oregon.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in USA
View similar jobs:
Industrial Engineering Supervisor -Tahoe/Reno Area
UPS - RENO, NV
Plant Engineering Supervisor
UPS - CAROLINA, PR
Sr Specialist Equipment Design Engineer+
AT&T - IN
Locate this job: