Apply on Company Website
We have an opportunity for aBuyer. This position has responsibilitiesfor managing Supply Chain best practice activities and tactical planning duties to support a make-to-order manufacturing environment selling into the Petroleum Industry.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage the alignment and development of domestic sources for assigned commodities with a focus on metals such as non-ferrous and gray iron castings, machining, pipe and tube, and steel fabrications.
- Builds tactical relationships with domestic and global suppliers that continuously improve lead time, inventory management, customer order fill rate, quality, cost, and new product launches in a Lean manufacturing environment.
- Negotiates supply agreements to meet strategic company cost and performance goals. Assure sustainable supplier relationships to drive our business strategies forward.
- Drive Supplier performance and continuous improvements as established by company's Value Improvement Program and ISO best practices.
- Work with cross functional team members to drive efforts to integrate Lean concepts such as Vendor Management Programs, Kanban, Point of Use Inventory, and e-commerce.
- BA/BS in Business or equivalent of some college/professional experience.
- Minimum of10 years of procurement and materials management experience.
- CPM or APICS certification desirable.
- Knowledge of lean concepts with hands-on training and implementation in a multi-level assembly environment.
- ERP business systemsknowledge.