Billing Patient Account Representative Job Listing at Fresenius Medical Care in Indianapolis, IN
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Under the direct supervision of the Billing Quality Supervisor, responsible for identifying errors with claim data in the electronic billing work list, researching accounts, and proactively following up with appropriate contacts to ensure necessary information is obtained in order to resolve issues for timely transmission of claims. Generates various billing-related month-end reports and reviews any issues with management as necessary.
Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and FMS policy requirements.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Utilizes the external clearinghouse (Zirmed) or Medicare/Medicaid Direct payer Data Entry (DDE) systems to find any claims that have been rejected due to claim data errors.
- Once rejected claims have been identified, makes required claim data corrections in the internal billing system (eCube Financials).
- Ensures corrected claims are created and sent to the payer in a timely fashion.
- Generates claims report to verify claims sent electronically the previous day have been received by Zirmed or Medicare/Medicaid payer DDE systems.
- Troubleshoots and resolves claims that have not been received successfully.
- Ensures that secondary claims, along with required documentation, are mailed in a timely fashion.
- The Unbilled Insurance Totals Report to identify any claims that remain unbilled at the close of a billing period.
- The Billed Insurance Cube Report to generate the billed insurance totals for the month.
- The Billed Guarantor Report to generate billed guarantor amounts for the month.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Able to lift up to 50 lbs. independently with some manipulation of supply and inventory expected. Requires sitting and standing for extended periods of time. Requires adequate visual acuity, manual dexterity and hearing (with or without accommodation). Work environment includes inside work primarily around office equipment.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Accounting jobs in Indianapolis, IN
View similar jobs:
Accounts Receivable Coordinator
Spectraforce - Indianapolis, IN
Accounting Clerk with Reynolds and Reynolds
Accountemps - Plainfield, IN
Billing Coordinator - Northwest Indianapolis
Accountemps - Indianapolis, IN
Locate this job: