Apply on Company Website
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and division/company policy requirements.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
Reconciling and processing invoices, manual charge entry and general billing office duties.
- Responsible for driving the FMCNA culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The following duties and responsibilities reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
Maintain confidentiality of patient, employee and company information in accordance with HIPAA regulations and Spectra Laboratories policies.
Must be able to perform all job responsibilities of a Billing Rep I.
Interact with client and customers professionally and efficiently.
Assists other billing personnel as needed.
Investigate and resolve problems as they arise.
Reconcile payment and billing records of corrections and adjustments.
Review, reconcile and submit check requests for stat lab invoices.
Create utilization reports as requested.
Request patient information and AOBs from facilities.
Update and maintain patient registration utilizing various system applications.
Verify insurance coverage record, eligibility and benefits through various media (i.e. websites, phone, fax, etc.).
Prepare documents (such as pricing requests) that need to be entered in all applicable billing application and systems.
Process and reconcile reference lab statements, verify pricing and notify appropriate parties.
Perform all other related duties and special projects as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employees must be able to lift 20 pounds and sit and type for extended periods of time. EDUCATION:
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Some college in the appropriate discipline or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum four years of billing experience with emphasis in the healthcare field.
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize and manage time efficiently.
- Must be able to work in a high pressure environment in a team structure as well as independently.
- Working knowledge of basic software applications including, but not limited to Word and Excel a plus.
- Must be detail oriented and an optimistic problem solver with the ability to follow up on requests/tasks independently.