PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and FMS policy requirements.
Manages daily operations and activities of an assigned team (more than 2 FTEs) of Patient Intake Coordinators in the business unit centralized admissions call center providing direction and guidance as appropriate. Monitors the efficiency and efficacy of the Patient Intake Coordinators ensuring all patients and other customers seeking admission to Business Unit dialysis clinics, are addressed appropriately and professionally in a timely manner. Contributes to the development of policies and procedures for call center and admissions staff ensuring compliance to all pertinent company, local, state and federal regulations and requirements. DUTIES / ACTIVITIES
: CUSTOMER SERVICE:
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Responsible for driving the FMS culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
- Directs the day to day activities of the assigned team ensuring Patient Intake Coordinators’ (PICs) work meets the established performance standards for every call received and returned.
- Monitors and evaluates the workflow of the team ensuring appropriate balance and allocation of tasks and calls for efficient and timely resolution developing defined schedules to ensure required phone coverage.
- Coordinates work tasks to achieve volume expected to meet operational requirements.
- Monitors call volume and timelines for quality control assessment identifying trends and issues. Recommends process and operational improvements as appropriate.
- Contributes to the establishment of access parameters so that call-response time is effective and timely.
- Ensures customer satisfaction by taking escalated calls and issues and responding as needed.
- Ensures appropriate calls made for follow-up and admission process completion
- Oversees the training of PICs to ensure effective and efficient execution of activities and tasks to achieve operational goals and objectives.
- Assesses the ongoing training needs of the staff identifying areas for improvement and education.
- Determines the appropriate education and training method, medium and materials.
- Ensures provision of training as deemed necessary
- Provides daily reports to manager regarding changes in call volume. Prepares other pertinent statistical reports noting trends and issues. Provides analysis and recommendations to Call Center Manager and other BU management as needed.
- Provides ongoing feedback to the staff on their performance against benchmarks and standards. Provides formal feedback through the annual performance evaluation. Evaluates strengths and weaknesses of staff to identify areas for improvement to ensure appropriate development into a team of dedicated call center representatives. Assists with management of department staffing by providing input regarding hiring, firing and disciplinary action decisions.
- Contributes to the growth of the business unit with respect to patient admissions by serving as a liaison between discharge planners, physicians, social workers, billing groups, patient placement and patient intake coordinators
- Identifies referral sources and actively seeks feedback regarding the admission process.
- Develops and maintains the referral source list.
- Collaborates with the clinics, Area Managers and RVPs with respect to the admissions process ensuring all appropriate actions are taken and identified issues addressed
- Researches and resolves complaints with Patient Placement Coordinators as necessary.
- Maintains general forms and reports for CAO’s
- Provides backup coverage as needed for additional Central Admissions Office supervisory and management duties .
- Contributes to agenda for weekly staff meetings, other meetings and conference calls
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- College Degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 5 years related experience in a call center environment, finance or patient accounting.
- 3+ years of directly related supervisory or management experience preferred - health care a plus.
- Demonstrated leadership competencies and skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Good skills in customer service, continuous quality improvement, relationship development, results orientation, team building, motivating employees, and decision-making.
- Must complete the required compliance and FMCNA orientation and training modules and attend ongoing training and development programs within the specified time line.
- Computer proficiencies: Microsoft Excel and/or Access, PowerPoint, Word, Tabit software a plus
- Demonstrated skills in diversity management and performance management