Apply on Company Website
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and FMS policy requirements.
Manage the overall operation, condition, maintenance, and repair of all water treatment and medical equipment, as well as mechanical/electrical systems so as to ensure safety of the patients as well as the staff operating the equipment in the assigned regional programs. Ensure all decisions, actions and activities of Technical Dept staff are compliant with company standard operation procedures and with all pertinent local, state and federal regulatory requirements. Oversee the regulatory compliance functions and ensures suitable measures are taken to maintain facilities appropriately. Provides support, guidance, leadership, expertise and training to staff in centralized program to ensure effective and efficient delivery of service to customers/facilities. DUTIES / ACTIVITIES
: CUSTOMER SERVICE:
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Responsible for driving the FMS culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
- Manage the overall operation, condition, maintenance, and repair of all water treatment and medical equipment, as well as mechanical/electrical systems so as to ensure safety of the patients as well as the staff operating the equipment in the assigned regional programs. Oversee the regulatory compliance functions and ensures suitable measures are taken to maintain facilities appropriately. Provides support, guidance, leadership, expertise and training to staff in centralized program to ensure effective and efficient delivery of service to customers/facilities.
- Utilize subject matter expertise, operational proficiency and working knowledge of the mechanical area and the technical mechanics of dialysis and facility maintenance to ensure the effective and efficient functioning of the Technical Services dept in the assigned programs. Maintain and utilize current knowledge regarding the initiation and shut down of all equipment found within the centralized program and the functioning and safe operation of back-up water treatment equipment and related mechanical and electrical systems to ensure the appropriate maintenance and repair for safe and effective functioning of equipment.
- Establish and maintain a preventative maintenance program as per FMCNA policy, including support documentation for all water treatment equipment, medical equipment, and related mechanical and electrical systems.
- Collaborate with the Technical Operations Manager and the Technical Auditor Trainer regarding the purchase of parts and equipment necessary for the repair, maintenance, and operation of mechanical systems.
- Ensure compliance with all requirements and applicable sections of the Technical Policy and Standards Manual and that all applicable Federal, State, and other regulatory requirements are met.
- Perform “walk-throughs” at every clinic in program and communicate findings to the appropriate manager.
- Maintain a current and accurate record of excess equipment within the locations and programs coordinating with the Technical Operations Manager (TOM) regarding the transfer of equipment.
- Ensure operation and maintenance of equipment in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions and recommendations.
- Monitor, and maintain awareness of the content of all service contracts for maintenance of the facility HVACs, electrical systems, and medical equipment.
- Provide quality leadership in actively supporting the CQI process ensuring quality accountability of all technical staff.
- Provide for quality training and education for all technical staff to include quality improvement as well as work-related knowledge and skills
- Ensure frequent appropriate quality communication between the technical and clinical staff.
- Oversee the development of CQI Teams, CQI Projects, and CQI Corrective Action Plans.
- Conduct monthly review of the facilities CQI reports for regulatory compliance to identify opportunities for improvement
- Serve as a member of the facility Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) Committee.
- Comply with OSHA requirements and documentation.
- Update and provide management with feedback regarding any improvement strategies that may be implemented.
- Collaborate with the Project Managers with the design, selection and installation of water treatment equipment in facilities - DeNovos, relocations and renovations - and in the design of physical plant operations for new facilities.
- Accountable for the coordination of water treatment for new projects after the initial planning ensuring that the equipment is installed and operational (water cultures) at the appropriate quality level and in a timely fashion to ensure there are no delays in the initial CMS certification.
- Support the opening of new dialysis clinics by ensuring that there is technical coverage for water treatment startup and technical coverage when clinic operation begins.
- Provide direction and guidance to Technical Supervisors regarding actions needed to attain established customer service, operating, and financial goals for their assigned programs. Provide informal performance feedback during the year and formal feedback annually through the annual performance evaluation process. Manage the department staffing by making the appropriate hiring, firing and disciplinary actions and decisions.
- Schedule staff to ensure effective and efficient accomplishment of technical duties and functions and to ensure FMCNA, state, and federal guidelines and requirements are met.
- Provide written documentation of all disciplinary conferences in accordance with the established personnel policies, and confer with the appropriate supervisor/manager regarding the nature of the disciplinary decisions.
- Monitor, and submit where appropriate, employee documentation, information, and/or requests, to the pertinent departments for processing.
- Ensure all personnel and training records are complete and kept current.
- Ensure all new staff receive the appropriate training and orientation.
- Ensure current technical staff members are trained as required by the "Training program for Technical Staff" manual to enable independent functionality.
- Ensure technical staff receives the appropriate in-service training and documentation.
- Provide technical training to clinical staff as required by the Nurses Technical Training program when requested.
- Ensure proper documentation and auditing tools are in place.
- May create purchase orders in the SAP system for ordering machines as required.
- Ensure monthly status reports from all pertinent facilities are submitted to Technical Operations Manager.
- Participate in budget planning for the repair, maintenance, and purchasing of all equipment in the centralized program.
- Participate in all End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) surveys conducted within the facilities, including follow up when needed, and take appropriate steps to ensure they are ESRD survey compliant.
- Maintain an organized file of current catalogues and instruction manuals for all equipment used within each facility.
- Maintain an accurate, up to date list of emergency telephone numbers and contacts necessary for the general maintenance and repair of the facility equipment and mechanical systems. Ensure this is accessible to management personnel and technical staff at all times.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with FMS affiliated physicians, ensuring communication and dissemination of pertinent information as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position involves moderately active work including walking and standing for considerable lengths of time. Bending down to floor level is required for some of the housekeeping duties.
The position requires a considerable amount of physical work. There is a two-person assist program and equipment available for moving the heavier loads/equipment. The employee must regularly move boxes, drums, and equipment of up to 500 lbs. in weight. The use of dollies or other equipment is mandatory while moving items that weigh approximately 500 lbs. The employee must frequently mix and lift chemical and water solutions of up to 30 lbs. up as high as 5 feet.
The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. There may be some potential exposure to chemicals and infectious materials. EDUCATION:
- Associates degree in electronics, Bio Medical Engineering or equivalent area or
- At least 2 years of directly related bio medical work experience in lieu of the Associates degree.
- National Technical Certification required.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum of 3 years of Dialysis Technical/Mechanical supervisory experience.
- Successful completion of the FMCNA Training Program for Technical Staff.
- Successful completion of Technical Validation Program exam A within 12 months of new position, completion of entire Technical Validation Program with 24 months of new position or equivalent.
- Valid Drivers License and ability to cover the centralized program including transportation of equipment and supplies as needed.
- Technical training programs as required by state/federal regulations, FMCNA policy.
- Newly hired or promoted incumbents are responsible for meeting the requirements of the respiratory fit policy if applicable.
- Employees have to meet the necessary requirements of Ishihara's Color Blindness test as a condition of employment.
- Computer literacy with knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office preferred.
- Demonstrated supervisory and leadership skills, including those required to problem-solve in a medical, health care environment.
- Able to work a flexible schedule.
- Travel is required.
- Computer literacy with knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office preferred.