Apply on Company Website
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and division/company policy requirements.
The Director of Technical Services aligns the technology vision with business strategy by provisioning and managing appropriate state of the art technologies in the most cost effective and efficient manner. This position is also responsible for all aspects of planning, developing, implementing and managing technology infrastructure initiatives within Spectra. This individual maintains existing enterprise systems and infrastructure, while providing direction in all technology-related issues in support of information technology operations assuring alignment with the values, vision and strategic direction of Spectra Laboratories.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
- Responsible for driving the FMCNA culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Ensure mission critical systems operate as intended continuously, and manage the production operations shifts and on-call process
- Responsible for the assessment of the current state and the creation of the desired state
- Responsible for the creation and enforcement of policies, procedures and standards
- Manage multiple, sometimes complex, development and enhancement projects
- Provide direction and manage team members comprised of employees and consultants
- Develop and communicate goals, strategies, tactics, project plans, timelines, milestones, and key performance metrics for moving the Company toward its established vision. Develop and manage supporting and related business processes.
- Work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
- Identify and create new products and/or new services to enable growth for the business and increased profitability.
- Communicate plans and progress with senior management on a regular basis.
- Develop and manage the Technical Services Group’s budget to ensure required resources are available.
- Develop, direct, coordinate and evaluate staff.
- Keep current with the direction of the business and the needs of customers.
- Establish and maintain excellent inter-department communication so that roles, requirements, dependencies, decisions, and work processes are clearly articulated and understood.
-Plans and implements additions, deletions and modifications to the supporting infrastructure enterprise wide
-Oversees the implementation of network security
-Anticipates future network needs, identifies proactive solutions to satisfy needs
-Oversees the planning and management of the company’s telephone system and manages enterprise wide upgrade efforts
-Oversees the management of enterprise Help Desk activities and resolves escalated issues if necessary
-Establish and build relationships with vendors
-Oversees all IT related purchasing and budget usage, works with Accounting
-Holds responsibility for capacity planning and scheduling of vendor negotiations related to IT
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- A broad understanding of the health care field and related IS processes is beneficial, however, similar experience in other business fields will also be considered favorably.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex, cross-functional initiatives and manage change.
- Ability to work under pressure, complete projects and achieve results in a fast-paced, matrixed work environment with frequently changing priorities.
- Strong leadership skills within the project team and in the business community.
- Ability to establish and articulate a vision, set goals, develop and execute strategies, and track and measure results.
- Ability to build and motivate a team to achieve buy-in on well communicated expectations.
- Strong negotiating and consensus building abilities.
- Significant skill required to work effectively across internal functional areas in situations where clear parameters may not exist.
- Other duties as assigned.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION:
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Bachelors Degree in related field is required
- Minimum 12 years experience in all phases of systems and application development alsong with at least 10 years managing and/or directing technical teams
- Experience managing 24/7 operations and shifts, and providing support during non-business hours
- Experience working with vendors in providing level 3 support
- Experience managing automated jobs and scheduling
- Experience with information architecture and management
- Experience managing deployments and changes being introduced into the Production environment
- Experience conducting business continuity exercises
- Extensive project management experience
- Extensive knowledge of data processing, hardware platforms, enterprise software applications, and outsourced systems including Lotus Notes, VMware, Citrix, Unix, Linux, Windows Server/Client, Cisco, EMC, 3PAR, smart phones, tablets HP blade servers, VoIP, and Avaya.
- Extensive knowledge and experience managing technical infrastructures that support enterprise-wide software.
- Technical experience with systems networking, database administration, system administration, communications, data protection, security, software as a service, mobile devices and user support