Apply on Company Website
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Support HITSG’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adhere to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and division/company policy requirements.
Provide project management for IT related projects (healthcare, IT and/or enterprise) and other projects as assigned ensuring ownership, accountability and governance of critical project efforts. Lead multiple projects and facilitate activities of suppliers, developers and interdepartmental relationships to ensure that predetermined specifications and timelines are met. Participate in formal project and portfolio management review assessing risk to timeline, budget and customer satisfaction.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
- Responsible for driving the HITSG culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide project management leadership and direction of projects of various sizes and complexities by managing and coordinating the project team members, activities and deliverables. Projects may be related to Acumen nEHR, Acumen PQRS, Acumen Mobile and other related applications, systems upgrades and migrations.
- Project management includes but is not limited to:
-Management and assessment of impact of changes to project scope and requirements
-Issue and risk management
-Ensure adherence and guidance of PMO processes by the HITSG team and provision of guidance on best practices and standards for all projects.
-Participation in processes to recommend options to adjust project priorities to manage resources.
-Provision of necessary project reporting to HITSG team and management
-Provision of necessary status reporting and escalation.
- Provide project management guidance and governance for projects by monitoring project activities, ensuring appropriate escalation and reporting of timeline status, risk assessment and budget variance (as needed).
- Develop and maintain project plans for various projects. Responsible for project schedule as reflected in Project Plan, escalating to appropriate management when there are delays in items, activities and deliverables as stated in the project plan.
- Participate and/or lead quality team efforts to continuously improve processes and methodologies resulting in improved efficiency and project delivery in terms of time, budget and customer satisfaction. Ensure PMO established processes and procedures are followed in relevant projects. Processes include Requirements Mgmt, Change Mgmt, Environment Mgmt, Defect Tracking, etc. Provide reports to management regarding the project team and process compliance and status.
- Manage issue tracking and resolution for projects. This incorporates:
- Managing an issue list
- Ensuring appropriate resolution and mitigation of issues.
- Tracking the weekly status and the final resolution of the issue.
- Managing and escalating any dissatisfaction of internal and external customers which could take the form of issues around with processes, project dates, cross team coordination, etc.
-Tracking the project plan and escalating any blocking issues, risk, budget issues or delays in making dates on items specified in the project plan.
- Establish, maintain and communicate best practices around project management technique collaborating with PMO management to develop, maintain and communicate new processes, procedures, and standards necessary for managing projects.
- Manage project resource scheduling and participate in overall resource scheduling activities indicating which project team member/resource is responsible for working on a particular task.
- Facilitate cross-functional project team meetings and discussions ensuring appropriate participation, team focus on objectives and documentation and communication of agreements and conclusions. Work with project team members from groups such as Development, QA, Client Services Clinical and Process Specialists, Product team, etc to ensure successful management of the project.
- Establish communication plans for projects and ensure adherence to those plans ensuring and maintaining appropriate communication to all project constituents and stakeholders as necessary.
- Prepare weekly Project Dashboards project status reports.
- Ensure adherence to established project management life cycle methodologies and best practices such as ensuring the Project Plan includes all the relevant deliverables for each phase (e.g., Requirements Phase includes the creation of a Business Requirement Document).
- Assist other project managers as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION:
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer science or related field (Engineering Degrees).
- Master’s degree preferred but not required.
- 6 - 10 years experience in Information Systems with a job history of managing IT / healthcare projects
- 3 - 5 years project management experience in managing cross functional projects
- Health Care experience a plus
- Knowledge of Project Management methodologies (ex. Software development life cycle, application development, SCRUM, Waterfall, Rapid Application Development, Agile, etc.)
- Some experience with Project Management tools and best practices
- Experience with organizational and planning skills
- Some experience in operational IT environment
- Experience with PMO a plus