Home Therapies Coordinator 2500 Sign On Bonus Job Listing at Fresenius Medical Care in Pueblo, CO
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and FMS policy requirements.
Functions as part of the Home Therapies dialysis health care team as the Coordinator of Home Therapies for a defined geographic area. Ensures provision of quality home patient care in accordance with FMS policies, procedures and training and collaborates with Business Unit management and support personnel to grow the assigned Home Therapies program.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Assists in the identification and evaluation of candidates for the FMS Home Therapies Program including assessment of patients’ home environment if needed.
- Oversees patient and family readiness and ability to perform dialysis treatments at patient’s home and assesses home environment for suitability in the ongoing delivery of home dialysis therapy.
- Coordinates all aspects of patient care with the appropriate staff members, from admission through discharge of the patient.
- Ensures patients’ response to home dialysis treatment therapy is documented following company policies and procedures.
- Ensures completion of Initial and Annual Nursing assessment, and ongoing evaluation and documentation of patient care needs according to FMC Policies and Procedures.
- Ensures appropriate intervention for changes in patient adequacy status and troubleshooting peritoneal and access flow issues are completed per physician orders.
- Identifies and communicates patient related issues to the physician.
- Develops action plans for missed treatments in collaboration with the Medical Director.
- Administers medications as prescribed including algorithm (as appropriate), and document appropriate medical justification if indicated.
- Responsible for the appropriate recording of controlled substances as required by law.
- Oversees the safe, effective and timely training of all home patients and their families/significant others on the safe and effective operation and maintenance (as appropriate), of all home therapies equipment.
- Oversees coordination transplant education and assists in transplant workup process.
- Ensures patients are educated regarding laboratory values and the relationship to adequate dialysis therapy, compliance with treatment schedules medications, and fluid as appropriate.
- Creates, maintains, and communicates efficient and timely employee schedules according to the needs of the facility.
- Orients all new home therapy staff and provide ongoing education.
- Conducts staff meetings regularly.
- Completes timely employee evaluations and establishes annual goals for staffwith appropriate Manager.
- Provides written documentation of all disciplinary conferences in accordance with the established personnel policies, and confers with the appropriate Manager regarding the nature of the disciplinary decisions.
- Ensures the appropriate tracking, documentation, allocation, and payment of hours worked for the applicable staff members.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of a Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAPI) program that tracks the Home Therapies program’s performance in patient health outcomes.
- Responsible for supporting and driving FMS quality standards through meeting all ESRD regulatory requirements and the practice of Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI), including use of FMS CQI tools.
- Implements FMS quality goals and develops facility specific action plans in order to achieve FMS quality standards.
- Implements appropriate training according to FMS policy, which includes training to ensure ongoing compliance with all FMS risk management initiatives.
- Aggressively addresses and acts upon adverse events and action thresholds.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians. The position requires travel between assigned facilities and various locations within the community. Travel to regional, Business Unit and Corporate meetings may be required.
The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Office/Clerical jobs in USA
View similar jobs:
2nd Shift - Sr. Lead Operations Specialist - Records Fileroom
Chase - LA, Louisiana
J.P. Morgan Chase - TX, Texas
CIB - Oil & Gas - Executive Administrative Assistant
J.P. Morgan - TX, Texas
Locate this job: