Apply on Company Website
Lend direction as well as a caring attitude. Bring a smile and your vital knowledge to everyone, every day. Brighten prospects for patients and your career. Connect with your goals and change lives with Fresenius Medical Care North America.
Here is your opportunity to make profound connections that make all the difference.As the global leader in dialysis healthcare, we know what it takes to create strong bonds among patients, their families, and our team members—and why it matters. Within this positive environment, those in our care can achieve better outcomes—and professionals can achieve their most important objectives. Why Join the Fresenius Team?
Passion. Dedication. Knowledge. Motivation. Experience. These are the impressive qualities you’ll find in the Fresenius Leadership Team. Our strength in the North American market and extensive global network provide our employees with the best of both worlds—the friendliness of a local organization and the stability of a worldwide organization—for diverse experiences and challenging career opportunities. When you join the Fresenius Medical Care team, you’ll be welcomed into a company that is built on the philosophy that our employees are our most important asset. Our career advantages include the following:
Home Therapy Manager/Coordinator
- Fresenius Medical Care is the nation’s largest provider of renal care, meeting the needs of more than 135,000 patients at 1,800 clinics throughout the country.
- Our well-established, trusted organization fosters a spirit of camaraderie, emphasizing friendly collaboration, professional support, and career development.
- Superior training, UltraCare® quality control, and certification procedures ensure your potential to succeed and advance as a professional.
- Competitive compensation and exceptional benefits.
- Outstanding tuition reimbursement program.
- Recognized among Fortune’s “World’s Most Admired Companies” in 2011.
- National Safety Award from CNA insurance companies for 11 consecutive years.
- Opportunities to give back by participating in philanthropy and community outreach programs.
Embrace this unique opportunity to make a difference and contribute to the success of a premier healthcare organization. Serving a defined geographic area, this professional will ensure provision of the best possible quality of home patient care in accordance with FMS policies, procedures and training. In addition, this individual will maximize the growth of the Home Therapies program in coordination with business unit and support functions. PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to FMCNA Compliance Programs and all regulatory and division/company policy requirements.
Manages the provision of quality care in an independent home therapy program while maintaining cost-effective clinical operations in accordance with all legal, compliance, and regulatory requirements and programs. Takes the appropriate actions and makes the necessary decisions to ensure the continuity of care and patient and staff safety. Provides direction and guidance to the interdisciplinary team providing care to the Home Therapy patients to ensure that the standard of the home dialysis provided is at least the equivalent of that provided to in-center patients. Collaborates with the Business Unit management team to grow the assigned Home Therapies program. DUTIES / ACTIVITIES: CUSTOMER SERVICE:
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES: PATIENT CARE:
- Responsible for driving the FMS culture though values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
Directs and manages all aspects of patient care for Home Therapies patients in assigned program from admission through discharge of the patient. Provides direction, guidance and support to staff members to ensure the safe and effective delivery of home therapy support care to patients with End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD). Ensures that the standard of dialysis provided is at least equivalent to that provided to facility patients.
- Oversees the identification and evaluation of candidates for the FMS Home Therapies Program including assessment of patients’ home environment if needed.
- Accountable for timely completion of patient care plans by organizing meetings of the health care team to discuss patient care plans and resolve patient problems.
- Maintains and communicates efficient and timely patient schedules to ensure maximization of the facility station efficiency.
- Ensures completion of Initial and Annual Nursing assessment, and ongoing evaluation and documentation of patient care needs according to FMC Policies and Procedures is completed.
- Ensures patients’ response to home dialysis treatment therapy is documented according to company policies and procedures and in compliance with pertinent regulatory requirements.
- Ensures appropriate intervention for changes in patient adequacy status and troubleshooting peritoneal and access flow issues are completed per physician orders.
- Identifies and communicates patient related issues to the physician.
- Develops action plans for missed treatments in collaboration with the Medical Director.
- Administers medications as prescribed including algorithm (as appropriate), and document appropriate medical justification if indicated. Responsible for the appropriate recording of controlled substances as required by law.
- Ensures reports of alert/panic and abnormal lab results are communicated to appropriate physician.
- Implements FMS staffing and medical supply models to ensure provision of quality patient care.
- Ensures all educational needs of patient and family are met regarding End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD).
- Ensures education of the patient regarding quality measures, transplant options, modality awareness, and access care, including vascular catheter reduction and adherence to treatment regime.
- Oversees coordination transplant education and assists in transplant workup process.
- Ensures all patients are educated regarding laboratory values and the relationship to adequate dialysis therapy, compliance with treatment schedules, medications and fluid as appropriate.
- Oversees the safe, effective and timely training of all home patients and their families/significant others on the safe and effective operation and maintenance (as appropriate), of all home therapies equipment.
- Acts as a resource for the patient to address concerns or questions.
- Develops a mechanism or process for acquiring and maintaining knowledge of the specific situation of each patient, including hospitalizations, and any significant change in patient care status.
- Manages the delivery of the FMS Treatment Options Program.
- Manages and ensures all physician orders are accurately entered into the Medical Information System the company policies and government regulations related to the collection, packaging and delivery of lab specimens and reporting of results are followed.
- Maintains appropriate skill levels with all emergency operational procedures, and initiates CPR and emergency measures in the event of cardiac and/or respiratory arrests when the patient is in the medical office.
Manages assigned program Home Therapies licensed personnel, direct patient care staff, indirect patient care personnel, and when necessary, technical staff.
- Provides employee education and guidance, and performance related feedback through ongoing informal advice and formally through the annual performance evaluation.
- Manages the Home Therapies staffing through the appropriate hiring, firing and disciplinary actions.
- Ensures completion of new hire orientation and training including mandatory in-services and ICD-9 code training when applicable.
- Collaborates with staff to establish personal goals and provides opportunities for professional growth and training to achieve these goals to ensure clinical competence.
- Conducts regular staff meetings to ensure appropriate communication of FMS area, regional and corporate initiatives and policies and procedures, to educate and monitor staff regarding appropriate patient care techniques and other company and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Responsible for all patient care employees receiving appropriate training according to FMS policy, including training to ensure ongoing compliance with all FMS risk management initiatives. Ensure documentation competed for all annual in-service training.
- Provides written documentation of all disciplinary conferences in accordance with the established personnel policies, and confer with the Area Manger regarding the nature of the disciplinary decisions.
- Participates in Corporate and Business Unit specific employee recognition and satisfaction programs.
- Creates, maintains and communicates efficient and timely employee schedules according to the needs of the facility.
- Ensure all staff is trained in the principles and concepts and practice FMC Customer Service Model.
- Creates and implements a (CQI) Process Improvement Team that involves staff in problem solving.
- Ensures competency of HT personnel in the operation of all home dialysis therapy-related equipment, including the ability to troubleshoot equipment problems with the patient via telephone.
- Directs staff and patients in the preventive maintenance of home therapy equipment, including water systems and analyses as appropriate.
Accountable for outstanding quality of patient care, as defined by the FMS quality goals, by working with the appropriate Regional Director of Education, Regional Quality Manager, Vice President of Quality, and FMS Clinical Services Department to ensure that FMS policy and procedure is followed.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of a Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAPI) program that tracks the Home Therapies program’s performance in patient health outcomes.
- Responsible for supporting and driving FMS quality standards through meeting all ESRD regulatory requirements and the practice of Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI), including use of FMS CQI tools.
- Implements FMS quality goals and develops facility specific action plans in order to achieve FMS quality standards.
- Implements appropriate training according to FMS policy, including training to ensure ongoing compliance with all FMS risk management initiatives.
- Aggressively addresses and acts upon adverse events and action thresholds.
- Ensures all FMS Clinical Quality policies and procedures are communicated and implemented by the facility staff.
- Maintains integrity of medical records and other FMS administrative and operational records.
- Complies with all data collections and auditing activities.
- Maintains facility environmental integrity, including safety.
- Collaborates with Area Manager to facilitate the application process for physician privileges and compliance with FMS Medical Staff Bylaws.
- Develops and maintains strong Medical Director and physician relationships and facilities staff relationships with physicians.
- Ensures regular and effective communication with all physicians through regular meetings with Medical Directors.
- Participates in Governing Body.
- Schedules and coordinates CQI meetings with physicians.
- Maintains and updates FMS Home Therapy manuals.
- Completes the Annual Standing Order Review and ICD-9 coding.
- Directs information gathering as required to support billing and collection activities. Oversees data entry to ensure appropriate and accurate billing of Home Therapies services.
- Responsible for efficient utilization of medication, laboratory, inventory, supplies and equipment to achieve supply cost goals following all guidelines established in FMS formularies.
- Completes and interprets the PI-17 inventory supply use analysis.
- Reviews profit and loss statements with Area Manager.
- Responsible for participating in all required Network reporting and on-site state or federal surveys.
- Ensures all physician orders are transcribed and entered into the Medical Information System in a timely manner.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Other duties as assigned.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians. The position requires travel between assigned facilities and various locations within the community. Travel to regional, Business Unit and Corporate meetings may be required.
The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials. EDUCATION:
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing. (R.N.) Advanced degree preferred.
- Current appropriate state licensure.
- Minimum of one-year nursing experience plus a minimum of 1 year dialysis nursing experience required.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including, but not limited to communication (written and verbal), customer service, performance management and continuous quality improvement.
- Demonstrated management skills necessary to provide leadership in the supervision of dialysis personnel and to ensure the delivery of maximum quality care to all patients.
- Competent at operating all Home Therapies related equipment.
- Successfully complete CPR Certification with maintenance as required.
- Must meet the necessary requirements of Ishihara's Color Blindness test as a condition of employment.