Apply on Company Website
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and division/company policy requirements.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
Responsible for assisting in the preparation and set-up of laboratory tests. Entering tests/billing data into
- Responsible for driving the FMCNA culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The following duties and responsibilities reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Maintain confidentiality of patient, employee and company information in accordance with HIPAA regulations and Spectra Laboratories policies
- Must be able to perform all the duties of Laboratory Assistant I and II
- Data Enter add-on tests
- Data Enter Water Requisitions
- Perform visual checks
- Data enter Proton Requisitions
- Perform Add, edit and delete functions
Data Enter advanced tasks such as UKM’s, Frequencies, Result Entry, etc.
- Data Enter Stat test orders
- Data Enter proficiency samples
- Prepare, scan, and perform final validation in Stellant
- Routinely attend compliance and OSHA training.
- Attend staff and inter-departmental meetings as required
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Lead
- Other duties as assigned
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to lift 20 pounds and sit and type for extended periods of time. EDUCATION:
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Some college or courses in medical terminology preferred.
- Three to four years of demonstrated experience assisting in laboratory activities, preferably in the health care field.
- Typing and or data entry skills required. Must be able to type 45 WPM.
- Must have the ability to follow precise directions, both written and verbal in situations requiring speed, accuracy, and efficiency while working under direct supervision or independently.
- Ability to resolve issues.
- Effectively communicate in a professional manner.
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed. Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize and manage time efficiently.
- Must be able to work in a high pressure environment in a team structure as well as independently.
- Must be able to navigate a Windows based computer system with proficiency.
- Working knowledge of basic software applications such as Word and Excel.