Apply on Company Website
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and division/company policy requirements.
Leads the daily operation, monitors progress of workflow and of employee performance.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
- Responsible for driving the FMCNA culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Monitor and maintain the department workflow to maximize the performance of people and equipment
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems associated with specimens and/or orders.
- Sets daily priorities
- Monitors general supply and inventory
- Performs problem resolution duties only at the busiest of times to maintain turn around goals.
- Keeps Director and Department Supervisors updated on problems that may affect unit’s production goals.
- Escalate problems to Department Supervisors or Director when appropriate
- Edit timecards for Problem Resolution Unit employees each pay period and prepared for the Director’s approval.
- Monitor and measure Problem Resolution personnel for the ability to meet performance and productivity standards
- Report findings to Director
- Expect and demand superior performance from all employees
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees of all levels
- Monitors workflow and evaluate training/retraining as needed
- Provide training as needed
- Manages the department workflow in the absence of a Supervisor
- Input for performance evaluation
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Manager
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to lift at least 20 lbs., and sit/stand for extended periods of time in a laboratory environment. EDUCATION:
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- High school graduate or equivalent. Some college or courses in medical terminology preferred.
- Two years of demonstrated experience assisting in laboratory activities, preferably in the healthcare field.
- Must be able to work independently. Must have excellent communication skills. Ability to work flexible hours as needed. Ability to lead others effectively in a high volume work environment.