Apply on Company Website
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and FMS policy requirements.
Provides sales and relationship support to the FMCNA Physician Strategies department. Utilizes in-depth knowledge of FMS in-center and Inpatient dialysis services and the various supporting programs and initiatives, to promote FMCNA dialysis services and programs to external customers, including hospital discharge planners, referring physicians and other personnel making decisions regarding patient placement within an assigned market geography. Develops and maintains a close relationship with current users/referrers/external customers through researching the local physician market to identify potential referral sources, and making the necessary sales calls to recruit and educate new referral sources to grow FMS treatments and revenue. Works with the Central Admissions Office (CAO) staff to facilitate the admissions process with hospitals, physicians, discharge planners, social workers and the CAO Patient Intake Coordinators to ensure each patient receives a superior admission and counseling experience, and is placed in the appropriate FMS clinic, preferably with their desired treatment shift schedule.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
- Responsible for driving the FMS culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Primary function is to grow revenue and treatment volume through by increasing treatments per day and improving commercial mix by providing superior customer service and support to hospitals, hospital discharge planners, hospitalists, physicians and other potential new referral sources while ensuring all tasks and activities are executed in compliance with company standard operating procedures and all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Develops and maintains an in-depth knowledge of the dialysis business and the many support services, options and programs provided by FMS, including but not limited to the central admissions process and the admissions program (“Just Say Yes”) to facilitate and accelerate locating a place for the patient; “Right Start” program providing new patient support and education; Therapy Options Program (TOPS) providing education regarding options available for the specific individual patient; financial coordination assisting with medical insurance processes and issues; and patient shift availability.
- Maintains an excellent understanding and knowledge of the local market to monitor and quickly react to changes which may impact the company and the patient services provided. Provides regular updates and communication regarding program status, customer service issues, and barriers and obstacles related to and affecting the referral and admissions process to the applicable management level as appropriate.
- Expedites admissions issues and problems to management according to the established escalation procedures to ensure proper and timely resolution.
- Contributes to company growth by driving and coordinating the implementation and execution of the Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) early referral program (“Fresenius at Your Service”). Works directly with pertinent Business Development personnel and physician practices to identify CKD patients (Stage 3-5) to facilitate an early referral to FMS for the assigned market.
- Supports and provides for the early referral of CKD patients ensuring that each CKD patient referred to FMS receives financial counseling and TOPS education prior to their start of dialysis.
- Coordinates the scheduling and facilitates the meetings with the pertinent providers such as Financial Coordinators and TOPs Specialists, following-up to ensure satisfactory provision of appropriate services.
- Works with the applicable clinical manager(s) to determine options to increase the probability of accommodating patients’ shift requests upon admission to the applicable FMS clinic. Assists with execution of steps and actions required to achieve the optimal scheduling solution for new patient, current patients and clinic staff.
- Acts as the customer relations contact and liaison between the hospitals and physician practices and the FMS Division Centralized Admissions Offices. Identifies those practices and/or hospitals that require higher levels of personal day-to-day service that can be provided by CAO staff, taking the steps to relay the information to the pertinent CAO manager, acting as a resource as needed.
- Regularly visits and maintains frequent communication with current referral sources - particularly physicians and hospitals where appropriate. Addresses any concerns they may have regarding all phases of the process - following up to ensure that any and all issues have been resolved to their satisfaction.
- Updates and maintains data in program database shared with Business Development group. Logs in all notes and information regarding communications and sales visits with appropriate comments so information can be used by Business Development and Operations groups as needed.
- Collaborates and strategizes with the Division Business Development group to identify and develop new referral sources meeting on a regular basis to reconcile and discuss strategies to approach identified opportunities.
- Contacts the new source through office/hospital visits as directed by the Senior Director and/or Director of Business Development.
- Educates regarding FMS service offerings using customized professional presentation materials.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- May work with the CAO staff to develop and grow the business. Provides presentations to all current and potential customers particularly physicians, and participating in local community programs utilizing the standard marketing materials to ensure a consistent and accurate message. Implements marketing campaigns identifying the successful initiatives, constantly updating and improving strategies to ensure achievement of goals.
- Maintains detailed documentation regarding daily activities and initiatives for weekly review with manager.
- Participates in professional development opportunities to ensure development of skills and industry and field knowledge, utilizing the acquired expertise and knowledge to accomplish goals and objectives for position.
- Other duties as assigned.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Significant travel within the assigned geography/region is required. EDUCATION
Bachelor’s degree with concentration in Business or Marketing EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 2-3 years of Business to Business or Customer Service experience.
- Excellent communication skills - written and oral - with ability to communicate to all levels of personnel
- Excellent customer service, organizational, interpersonal skills and professional appearance required.
- Detail oriented
- Good computer skills required with sound knowledge of Microsoft Office applications- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Lotus Notes.
- Completion of and compliance with the Marketing and Business Development Functional Compliance Program.