Apply on Company Website
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and division/company policy requirements.
Solutions Healthcare is seeking to fill the role of a Network Administrator to provide design and support for the Solutions Healthcare data network and hosting services. Design includes definition, configuration, testing and implementation of various connections and solutions. Support is provided to all lines of business and for both Internal and External network requirements. Employees work independently on major, complex projects with full competency. Employee will coordinate with both technical and non-technical staff and vendors on integrated voice and data applications. Engineer may also provide guidance and training to junior staff.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
- Responsible for driving the FMCNA culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Resolves complex networking problems with full competency requiring no supervision.
- Conducts network studies and traffic analyses, develops network architecture, and prepares network capacity forecasts. Participates in assessing emerging network technologies.
- Recommends modifications to configurations that will reduce costs and/or improve service that typically span multiple business functions.
- Troubleshoots and debugs connections to peers, customers, vendors and internal network connections.
- Provides technical training and direction to team members. Mentors lower-level network engineers.
- Coordinates with technical and non-technical staff and vendors for on-site application installation, testing and implementation.
- Participates in long-term network design discussions.
- Ability to understand a customer’s business needs and translate needs into IT specific requirements.
- Makes decisions and recommendations clearly linked to the organization’s strategy and financial goals, reflecting an awareness of external dynamics.
- Demonstrates awareness by providing clear explanations for actions taken relative to customer requirements, needs, and industry trends.
- Identifies the ongoing needs of internal and/or external clients. Ensures these needs are met or exceeded.
- Applies quality assurance, testing concepts, and methodologies. Constructs comprehensive test plans based on a thorough understanding of business requirements.
- Anticipates, identifies, and defines problems. Seeks root causes. Develops and implements practical and timely solutions.
- Collaborates with other members of formal and informal groups in the pursuit of common missions, vision, values and mutual goals.
- Places team needs and priorities above personal needs. Involves others in making decisions that affect them.
- Other duties as assigned.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION:
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree (business, engineering or related field recommended);
- Knowledge of theories, principles and concepts typically acquired through completion of a bachelor’s degree.
- Cisco Certified (CCNP, CCDP, CCSP) level or other Cisco certifications
- 3-5 years of experience in the capacity of a Network and Systems Administrator in a multi-layer, low-latency, distributed environment hosting environment
- Experience with Cisco and/or Juniper routers and switches and strong expertise in 1 or both platforms. Administer Linux and network equipment.
- Network Administration managing routers, switches, load balancers, cache servers, firewalls, traffic shapers, and dhcp servers
- Hands on experience building networks for flexibility, resiliency, scalability for large, critical network infrastructures.
- Strong Cisco or Juniper administration. CCNP, CCIE, or JNCIP are preferred.
- Knowledge of internet protocols such as IPv6, OSPF, BGP, HSRP, VRRP, QoS, etc.
- Knowledge of routing and switching protocols such as QinQ, STP, MSTP, 802.1D, 802.1Q, VRF, etc.
- MUST be willing to work a rotating shift to provide 24X7 coverage
- Solid knowledge of both commercial and open source monitoring tools and utilities: Nagios and RRDTool-based monitoring / graphing solutions (e.g., Cacti, MRTG, Cricket, NMS)
- Experience with implementing and maintaining network security controls, logging, IDS/IPS
- Knowledge and hands-on experience working with enterprise open source systems (Red Hat Enterprise Linux or CentOS)
- Broad knowledge and experience with global wide-area networking, latency reduction and fault tolerance
- Willingness to learn and work with multiple inter-locking applications, tools and technologies
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills, responsiveness and creativity, flexibility, ability to plan and organize
- Desire to take ownership for products and deliver exceptional service and stability to expand the business
- Experience with Enterprise Cisco/Aruba/Meru Networks Wireless 802.11 a / b / g / n
- Experience with configuring and managing edge caching and acceleration technologies
- Great organizational, time management and problem solving skills
- Prioritizes workload, meets deadlines and manages competing priorities under pressure
- Adaptable to multiple client work environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Motivated and shows initiative
Able to work in fast paced environment
- Works well independently and within a team
- Possesses a professional demeanor
- Previous experience with data center setup and management
- Strong knowledge of Configuration Management / RPM management processes
- Willingness to work in a rotational 24x7 support operation and handle on-call duties as needed
- Outgoing personality with a work hard never fail attitude.