Reg TOP Specialist II Job Listing at Fresenius Medical Care in Raleigh, NC
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Utilizing subject matter expertise regarding kidney disease and treatment options, implements and coordinates all aspects of TOP (Treatment Options Program), a FMS pre-ESRD patient education program, within a designated region. Collaborates with the local management and facility staff to ensure that all pertinent patients have an opportunity to receive TOP education prior to initiating dialysis. TOP patient education includes an unbiased presentation of transplant, home therapies (PD and home hemodialysis), in-center therapy, and palliative care. Markets TOP to physicians, hospitals, and any potential referral source.
Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and division/company policy requirements.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Determines team members’ roles in TOP education class and trains new TOP team members (RN, SW, RD, MD, PCT) as needed in their role as it relates to TOP;
- May conduct all or part of an education class and/or individual educational session, gathering and submitting data, patient follow-up, and communication with referral source.
- Responsible for choice of educational materials to be utilized for TOP education classes and individual sessions.
- Obtains Medical Director approval of materials. Orders and distributes TOP materials to area TOP.
- Coordinates an extended service to geographically remote facilities within the designated region by working with the facility staff Clinical Manager, Social Worker and Dietitian - to provide the opportunity for TOP education for all patients.
- Develops the monthly class schedule and ensures appropriate and timely posting on the UltraCare website.
- Oversees the appropriate documentation, and communication of follow up activities to referring physicians.
- Communicates with referral sources regarding patient attendance at TOP sessions and follow up communications.
- Ensures appropriate data input into SAP (TOP database) verifying data for accuracy as applicable
- Ensures applicable maintenance and updating of data in database.
- Performs analyses of all TOP related data statistics and reports back regarding findings to TOP team members.
- Identifies trends, variances and anomalies as needed.
- May research issues and make recommendations to TOP team or Director as a result of the analyses.
- Markets FMS TOP services to physicians and encourages patient referrals within guidelines established by company policies and government regulations.
- Contacts and communicates with all nephrologists and/or nephrology groups within region on a monthly basis to assess physician issues, concerns, and requests, and to provide feedback on patients seen within the program.
- Provides TOP related educational programs to physicians as needed.
- Maintains knowledge of FMC Treatment Options Program services, promotional materials, and industry educational resources in order to effectively market TOP to physicians and the community.
- Establishes relationship with local renal organizations and affiliates to optimize opportunities for FMS participation in community outreach programs and activities. Examples are: National Kidney Foundation (NKF), American Association Kidney Patients (AAKP).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians. The position requires travel between assigned facilities and various locations within the community. Travel to regional, division and corporate meetings may be required.
The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Office/Clerical jobs in RDU, NC
View similar jobs:
Solaris Admin w/ VCS
Software Guidance & Assistance - Research Triangle Park, NC
Retail Sales - Men's Furnishings
Nordstrom - Walnut Creek, California
Administrative Assistant 1 II - NC
Belcan - Raleigh, NC
Locate this job: