Back up Storage Engineer Job Listing at Fresenius Medical Care in Nashville, TN
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and division/company policy requirements.
A TEMP TO PERM ROLE FOR THE RIGHT CANDIDATE
A “hands on” position supporting the computing systems in the department. The Storage Backup Engineer is responsible for deploying, upgrading, and maintaining all backup/recovery and disaster recovery systems. The Storage Backup Engineer will support the day-to-day operations, integration, incident, problem, release, and change management processes of the backup and recovery and disaster recovery infrastructure according to established standard operating procedures. Performs a variety of tasks under the general supervision of the department supervisor as well as works closely with project team members to engineer storage, backup/recovery and disaster recovery solutions. Has full technical knowledge of all phases of relevant systems and systems administration.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
· Maintain and configure backup systems and disk to disk backup subsystems including daily systems management and tuning
· Perform installation, upgrades and patches to supported systems and appliances
· Identify and resolve problems affecting backup and recovery systems performance, efficiency, and availability in a timely manner
· Work and resolve assigned tickets in a tier 2 capacity. Remedies will require research, troubleshooting and communication across departments.
· Actively Monitor resources committed and assigned to supported systems to ensure high performance and availability.
· Generate reports from monitoring and management tools on environment
· Evaluate impacts of new releases, develop test plans and implement into production environment
· Provide, review, develop and implement recommendation and best practices for security as pertaining to backup and disaster recovery
· Participates in engineering projects by:
o Helping to define project tasks, details specifications and timelines,
o Ensuring project requirements are met on a timely basis by tracking progress,
o Communicating ongoing status to management and project leads.
· Provides input to department and corporate technology policy standards and direction as it applies to all disciplines within the computing solution. Delivers that input using written and verbal presentations and communication.
· Creates and maintains documentation for systems and solutions as they are installed and upgraded. Maintains level competency regarding technical skills and tools. Acts as a technology advocate to other members of the Infrastructure teams. Continues to learn new technology and products.
· Assists in new technology evaluation of products related to applications, network, server and computing architecture and computer operations and makes recommendations to engineering leads.
· Responds to requests for assistance from the management group regarding day-to-day operations. When contacted, supports the solution using local and remote tools and communicates updates to peers and management.
· On-Call Support will be required from time to time including nights, weekends and holidays.
· Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employee should be able to lift 30 pounds.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
· Four years' experience with computer systems with significant technical and operational experience in backup/recovery and disaster recovery
· Minimum 3+ years’ experience engineering, managing and administering Symantec Netbackup 7.0 and Higher and Data Domain technology
· Experience with backups involving large number of files and/or enterprise related applications (VMWare, Lotus Notes, SQL, Oracle)
· Experience with Backup tape storage and offsite storage
· Hands on experience with storage based backup and restore technologies
· Experience in applicable Operating Systems and applications.
· Knowledge of storage networking protocols such as Fibre Channel and iSCSI
· Requires good troubleshooting skills
· Ability to use independent judgment
· Excellent documentation, communication and interpersonal skills
· Good computer and keyboard skills.
· Ability to work independently and demonstrate self-initiative
*LI - DP1
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:IT-Support/Administration jobs in Nashville, TN
View similar jobs:
IT Support tech
NST - East, TN
Robert Half Technology - Nashville, TN
Desktop Support Analyst
Robert Half Technology - Franklin, TN
Locate this job: