Apply on Company Website
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Warehouse Supervisor has general responsibility for coordinating and supervising all warehouse activities on a daily basis. Under the direction of the Distribution Center Manager, the Supervisor is responsible for supervising the receiving, warehousing, returns, shipping, and inventory control of product in a manner consistent with company, quality, service, and cost objectives. Directly supervises at least two full time equivalent positions.
Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and FMCNA policy requirements.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
- Responsible for driving the FMCNA culture though values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Supervises and directs the activities of the warehouse workers ensuring compliance with FMCNA and PHG Distribution standard operating procedures (SOPs), Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) as well as adhering to all pertinent regulatory specifications and requirements. This may include but is not limited to:
- Supervising and coordinating the unloading of inbound shipments, the orderly stacking and storage of product, and the picking/selecting, staging, and loading of outbound shipments ensuring the highest possible levels of productivity.
- Overseeing the handling of returned/damaged goods ensuring the appropriate response to customers’ and shippers’ questions and complaints.
- Monitoring the maintenance and administrative activities in the warehouse to ensure customer requirements are met in an efficient and appropriate manner.
- Ensuring inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage.
- Reviewing shipping invoices for accuracy and receive shipments according to company policy.
- Collaborates with the Transportation Supervisor to:
- Verify required inbound/outbound paperwork with drivers,
- Ensure that all product is properly counted.
- Oversees and inspects the physical conditions of the warehouse to ensure compliance with FMCNA safety regulations, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) standards.
- Ensures the efficient and safe operation of all materials handling equipment.
- Ensures the maintenance of a clean, neat and orderly work area.
- Ensures all operations are conducted in a manner that promotes efficiency and safety.
Supervises Warehouse personnel/teams. These responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Interviewing, selecting, hiring and training warehouse personnel according to the PHG Distribution Group selection standards.
- Collaborating with Human Resources to develop and maintain a productive work team through the creation and implementation of various programs for hiring, training and professional development.
- Directing the operations of the warehouse work team to achieve prescribed objectives.
- Participating in establishing the personnel work schedules, reviewing relevant documentation to ensure peak delivery periods are identified and the appropriate personnel are assigned.
- Ensuring that the schedules are correctly implemented and that the job are assigned effectively and completed properly.
- Applying sound communication and motivational techniques in supervising, counseling and disciplining subordinates.
- Administering the formal annual performance reviews as well as providing informal feedback to warehouse personnel throughout the year.
- Disciplining and terminating employees according to the established policies, procedures and pertinent regulatory specifications.
- Conducting meetings with warehouse personnel as needed to discuss safety issues, productivity suggestions, SOP changes and other pertinent operational topics.
Inventory and records maintenance responsibilities include:
- Maintaining the product locator system.
- Ensuring the optimal utilization of space through warehouse consolidation.
- Ensuring the rotation of the product as appropriate.
- Ensuring timely and accurate completion of all necessary records and reports.
- Processing returns.
- Assuring the integrity of the inventory and assisting in conducting physical inventories.
- Other functions and responsibilities consist of:
- Attending warehouse meetings.
- Interacting with Corporate Operations, Traffic, Customer Service, Human Resources, customers and employees.
- Acting as liaison between employees and top management.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Graduate, or equivalent
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- 3 years warehouse experience
- Management and supervisory skills and experience preferred.
- Familiarity with personal computers and materials handling equipment is essential.
- Must be able to read English, count accurately, do simple math, and write English legibly.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to multi-task.
- Able to give clear and concise directions to subordinates and other warehouse personnel.