Apply on Company Website
Join our LinkedIn Group, Frontier Technology: Networking, Forum, and Jobs.
Manager, IT Application Integration development for Billing/Provisioning/Plant systems
Frontier communications is seeking a Manager of API who will lead an IT team of Java, PHP RPG developers. The role of this team is to work with CRM, Order Entry/Order Management, Field Operations and other teams to deliver API/Integration solutions using Java Web Services, PHP Web Services and Stored Procedures that are responsive, stable and efficient handling 1000s of transactions every minute. The ideal candidate will have a strong, working background in IT technology, have been a Manager or Team Lead of IT technical staff in the past, and be comfortable addressing and resolving complex problems. The candidate will also be able to work well with other IT teams and drive the future direction of the platform from an architectural perspective.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead a high performing team with the primary responsibility to build and maintain a large number of integration points from and to the companys Billing/Provisioning/Plant system on the IBM iSeries platform.
- Develops and implements documentation and programming standards for internal system management and for publication of the integration consumers.
- Responsible for resource allocation for all daily trouble tickets and enhancement requests. Resources are allocated for analysis, design, development and unit testing.
- Responsible for tactical forecasting and planning of team by developing, maintaining and implementing day to day operational plans for applications support.
- Evaluate applications processing and recommends enhancement to improve processing and runtimes as required by business needs.
- Partners with all IT Departments and Business Areas to implement enhancements, trouble shoot problems, develop and maintain processes and procedures.
- Acts as the focal point for the Support team for all projects, troubles, resources allocation, processing and general applications questions and concerns.
- The team is responsible for 24 x 7 on-call. Prepare on-call schedules to ensure the expected coverage is met.
- Ensures that every member of their team has the appropriate systems access, training, tools, process, and protocol documentation in order to perform their applicable function.
- Manages the development, measurement, motivation and cooperation of employees on their team.
- Properly assigns and distributes workload to accommodate for vacations, personal leave, training and day to day project workload.
- Tracks teams projects as required to ensure understanding of teams workload and project scopes. Analysis and reporting of teams project information including teams customer project summary and weekly and monthly metric information to management.
- Provides regular and timely project status updates to management as needed to ensure projects are meeting agreed upon timelines.
- Prepares and submits weekly staff notes to immediate management including high level summary of current staff, project and process items, demand metrics and service level metrics.
General Management Responsibilities:
- Ensures all employees participate in and complete all required training.
- Interviews and hires employees to meet department goals.
- Conducts performance reviews and provides training and coaching for growth and advancement.
- Must be driven by a strong customer focus philosophy, constantly striving to improve the experience for our customers. A positive thinker with a strong work ethic.
- Must possess excellent IT people management and communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to quickly synthesize data that enables effective communication and issue resolution across all organizational levels.
- Confidence and ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Must demonstrate a sense of urgency in the resolution of customer, business and employee issues. Must be trustworthy and confidential.
- Must be able to lead by example, accept accountability for areas of responsibility and address all issues with professional and personal integrity beyond reproach.
- Handle multiple projects and deadlines effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to motivate people and manage change.
- Employee Performance Appraisals Ability to honestly communicate employees performance during mid-year and annual review process.
- Experience with integration and ESB concepts and technologies is a must.
- 7+ years (current or past) of hands-on IT development experience.
- 7+ years of IT management experience (Team Lead or Manager).
- BBA or MS in Information Technology or related field
- 7+ years experience in following Technical Areas
- RPG Development on IBM iSeries
- PHP Development on Unix, Windows, Unix or iSeries platforms
- Java/J2EE platforms, SSL3, SQL and shell scripts
- XML,XSLT,XML Schema and usage of XMLSPY tool
- UNIX , Windows and LINUX operating systems and administration
- Good communication skills and an exceptional customer-service attitude
- Great multi-tasking and troubleshooting skills with significant attention to detail and Follow through
- Understanding of the software development life cycle experience
- 5+ years of experience working for a Telecommunications company
- MBA in Management or Information Technology