Business Planning and Analysis, International Manager Job Listing at GameStop in Grapevine, TX
Business Planning & Analysis, International Manager
The Business Planning & Analysis, International Manager will report directly to the VP of Planning & Analysis but will work very closely on a daily basis with the EVP of International, the country Finance directors and will serve as a liaison between the US corporate office and the various international departments. This position will assist the region in monthly business analysis, month-end financial review and reporting, budgeting & strategic analysis. It will prepare and develop existing and new monthly reports, analyze individual country financial data and perform adhoc analysis and research as needed for senior management. The principal business outcome of this position is to provide organizational leaders with accurate, timely business analysis and financial performance data for decision-making as well as to become a trusted business partner to country finance and key business leaders. This position works independently, but as an integral part of the corporate business analysis team. The associate will interact with a supervisor as needed, but requires a high level of autonomy and independence.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
* Review financial results and key metrics of individual countries. Perform variance analysis and respond to senior management questions during month and quarter end close.
* Develop and maintain financial models and tools for all international countries, including monthly forecast, annual budget and monthly business reports
* Lead the quarterly forecasting process by reviewing the submitted forecasts, interpreting trends, and identifying issues.
* Assist with the annual planning and budgeting process and long term strategic plan. Become a trusted business advisor to the countries and upper management.
* Conduct ad hoc financial analyses related to store & country performance including New Store Proforma, weekly Sales & Margin Analysis and performance evaluation of business initiatives.
* Perform daily and weekly sales analysis.
* Respond to daily informational and reporting requests from country finance directors and senior management.
* Assist in the quarterly and annual reviews by auditors. Understand US GAAP accounting concepts in the international countries.
* Create and prepare month- end closing reports such as Key Metric summary comparison by country.
BASICAND PREFERREDQUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
* Bachelors degree in an accredited Finance or Business program required
* At least three years of business analysis experience required with proven ability to dissect business issues, analyze root - causes and provide possible solutions in a simple yet compelling manner to internal customers and upper management. -- Consulting background and/or retail finance experience preferred
* MBA a plus
* Strong knowledge of business concepts and tools (financial statements, break-even, cost benchmarking, pricing, sensitivity analysis, NPV, ROI, etc.).
* Advanced Excel, PowerPoint and proven expertise with data management tools. Visual Basic knowledge preferred.
* Proficient knowledge of technical modeling skills. Statistical modeling skills a plus.
* Flexibility to work extended, non-traditional hours as needed during peak periods, such as month-end or year-end
* Experience with foreign exchange or IFRS preferred
* Experience with Essbase, Navision, Great Plains and/or Lawson preferred
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
* Quick learner, highly self-motivated, goal oriented and organized.
* Ability to work collaboratively and professionally across departments and supervisory levels, both domestically and internationally
* Ability to effectively and accurately enter, retrieve, analyze, recognize discrepancies, organize, and report electronic financial data
* Ability to communicate effectively in English with management and co-workers, including the ability to deliver presentations as needed to small groups within the organization
* Detail-oriented and effective at researching issues and problem solving
* Proficient project planning skills, including the ability to organize, prioritize and control job responsibilities in order to meet deadlines in an environment with overlapping and potentially conflicting priorities
* Ability to comprehend and adhere to all GameStop policies, including those related to scheduling and attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and honesty and ethical conduct
Grapevine, Texas, United States
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in DFW, Texas
View similar jobs:
CIB - High School Intern Program - Dallas
J.P. Morgan - TX, Texas
Business System Test Analyst Sr.
Chase - TX, Texas
Vice President OFAC/Sanctions Compliance Manager
J.P. Morgan Chase - DE, Delaware
Locate this job: