Senior Software Engineer - Online Technologies Job Listing at GameStop in Grapevine, TX (Job ID gamestopsilkroad-2471)
Senior Software Engineer - Online Technologies
TheSenior Online Technologies Software Engineeris an integral part of the technical team responsible for feature design/development, maintenance, and production support of a successful suite of customer-facing applications, including our flagship ecommerce website at GameStop.com. This position participates in all phases of the software implementation process including both package and custom development, requirements gathering, design, coding, testing, implementation, and support. This position works under general supervision, interacting with his or her supervisor several times a week, perhaps daily, to receive guidance and feedback. Many non-routine activities will require a supervisor’s advance approval.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
* Analyze, design, develop, maintain, monitor and support complex applications within the online systems environment and implement robust, maintainable solutions that meet the established business requirements.
* Develop and maintain a suite of web sites, services, and applications using the .NET platform, WCF, Web Forms, and MVC.
* Integrate with various enterprise platforms and services.
* Develop and maintain an ecommerce platform using Microsoft Commerce Server.
* Develop and maintain a search and merchandizing platform using Endeca with CAS and PageBuilder, including development of custom Java extensions and adapters.
* Develop and maintain a content management platform using SDL Tridion.
* Maintain a source code management strategy, including branch/merge activities, builds, and deployments as needed.
* Interact with various internal departments to resolve questions regarding program intent, data input, output requirements and inclusion of internal checks and controls, etc.
* Establish and enforce software development best practicesby using Agile methodology
* Develop and maintain technical and project documentation by using methodologies like UML
* Develop test plans and work with QA to establish test processes.
* Effectively organize work and contribute to multiple parallel initiatives
* Perform on-call duties on rotation with other developers when required.
* Collaboration— Workingeffectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
* Innovation- Generating innovative solutionsin work situations; trying different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities.
* Navigating Complexity— Proactively and quickly making sense of complex issues; responding effectively to complex and ambiguous situations; communicating complicated information simply.
* Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills– Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
BASICAND PREFERREDQUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
* Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field or equivalent experience required
* At least 3-7 years of application analysis, design, development and maintenance experience that includes Microsoft solutions, client and server controls, SQL Server, and WCF services
* Microsoft Commerce Server 2002/2007 design/development work experience preferred
* Experience with the Endeca platform is strongly preferred
* Prior experience in a retail high-volume E-Commerce environment preferred
* At least 1 year of Agile software development experience preferred
* At least 6 months of developing mobile applications preferred
* Experience with SDL/Tridion preferred
* General familiarity with enterprise networking preferred
* Knowledge of Microsoft BizTalk, Tibco, or other messaging platforms preferred
* Familiarity with Java, Linux, and/or document databases preferred
* Familiarity with virtualization and cloud-based computing preferred.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
* Proficient knowledge of web services and SOAP
* Ability to understand and apply a broad spectrum of software implementation methodology concepts
* Ability and enthusiasm for learning, adapting to, and integrating new technologies and methodologies.
* Expert knowledge of effective problem solving and identifying innovative solutions, including new products
* Knowledge of design patterns, principles, and practices
* Possess proficient knowledge of configuration management, version control, web publishing strategies
* Demonstrated solutions development ability, including innovative thinking, creative problem solving, and the ability to execute ideas quickly while maintaining high quality expectations
* Proficient written and verbal communication skills using spoken English, including the ability to explain complex ideas to others with varying levels of expertise throughout the organization and with potential business partners
* Proficient project planning skills, including the ability to organize, prioritize and control job responsibilities in order to meet deadlines in an environment with overlapping and potentially conflicting priorities
* Proficient ability to remain highly effective under stress, and respond to pressure in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
* Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others; conducts working relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
* Ability to work and collaborate effectively in a globally distributed, culturally diverse development environment.
* Consistently demonstrates a commitment to GameStop policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities
Grapevine, Texas, United States
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in DFW, Texas
View similar jobs:
IT Business Analyst
CVS Caremark - Richardson, TX
Senior Business Analyst
CVS Caremark - Richardson, TX
Robert Half Technology - Dallas, TX
Locate this job: