Sales Associate Firearms PT (C) Job Listing at Gander Mountain in Morrisville, NC (Job ID gandermountain-16017)
Retail, Consumer Services
Sales Associate Firearms PT (C)
Job ID 16017
# Positions 10
Experience (Years) 1
Posted Date 2/12/2013
Category 701 - Hunting - Hunting/Firearms
Your Application Choices Are:
* Apply for job onlinehere
* Email opportunity to a friend
More information about this job:
A Gander Mountain Sales Associate is responsible for assisting customers in their selection of products that meet their needs for their desired outdoor adventures and will maximize store sales in a commission sales environment. Building customer loyalty through outstanding customer service by asking questions, listening, recommending products and closing the sale. Stocking, merchandising and maintaining a clean, replenished shopping environment for our customers is essential in creating a repeat customer in our firearms department.
* Service Standards: Exceed Expectations, Deliver Value and Develop relationships.
* Teamwork:Arrive at work on time, establish and maintain productive working relationships, consistently set good example for others and complete work according to department needs and deadlines.
* Driving Sales:Connects with customers by asking open-ended questions to assess customer needs and makes relevant suggestions for the customer’s outdoor lifestyle needs. Educate, inform and share knowledge with customers and other associates. Drives store sales by suggesting additional items to customers to meet their outdoor lifestyle needs. Recommends company programs including Summits, Pro Plans and Credit Card.
* Job Knowledge: Remain up-to-date and demonstrate working knowledge of the job - effectively utilizes internal processes, systems and technology and participates in training relevant to position.
* Adaptability/Flexibility: Demonstrates willingness to perform work outside assigned area adopting a whole store attitude, grasps instruction, learns quickly adapting to change and increase efforts when necessary to complete assignments
* Complete other duties as assigned.
Education/Experience: High School diploma as appropriate for age or working towards a High School diploma, GED or equivalent required; with 1+ years in a fast paced retail environment preferred.
* Proven ability to engage customers and deliver unparalleled customer service every day.
* Possess a positive, can-do attitude and enjoy meeting and interacting with customers.
* Demonstrate excellent selling skills and the ability to meet or exceed sales goals.
* Has a passion for the outdoors and possess outdoor experience either in a retail environment or from personal experience.
* Ability to communicate, both verbally and written, clearly and concisely in English is required.
* Must be willing to work a flexible schedule based on business needs, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
* Able to freely access all areas of the store including sales floor, stock area and register area by standing, walking, stooping, crawling, climbing, crouching, kneeling and climbing a ladder; ability to lift, and/or move up to 50 lbs.
* Must be at least 17 years of age
* Strong computer skills with the ability to effectively maneuver in a Windows environment and through Microsoft Office products.
* Strong Knowledge of firearms and firearm accessories highly preferred.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Sales jobs in Raleigh/Durham, NC
View similar jobs:
Services Sales Executive (PSO) SLED - Mid Atlantic area
VMware - Raleigh, NC
Macy's Triangle Town Center: Retail Cosmetics Sales - Beauty Advisor Fashion Fair, Part Time
Macy's Beauty - Raleigh, NC
Macy's Crabtree Valley: Retail Cosmetics Sales - Beauty Advisor, Part Time
Macy's Beauty - Raleigh, NC
Locate this job: