Sales Associate Footwear PT (C) Job Listing at Gander Mountain in Spring, TX (Job ID gandermountain-14999)
Retail, Consumer Services
Sales Associate Footwear PT (C)
Job ID 14999
# Positions 1
Experience (Years) 1
Posted Date 11/28/2012
Category 706 - Footwear - Sales Associate - PT
Your Application Choices Are:
* Apply for job onlinehere
* Email opportunity to a friend
More information about this job:
A Gander Mountain (Commissioned) Sales Associate is responsible for assisting customers in their selection of products that meet their needs for their desired outdoor adventures and will maximize store sales in a commissioned environment. Building customer loyalty through outstanding customer service by asking questions, listening, recommending products and closing the sale. Stocking, merchandising and maintaining a clean, replenished shopping environment for our customers is essential in creating a repeat customer for the footwear department.
* Service Standards: Exceed Expectations, Deliver Value and Develop relationships.
* Teamwork:Arrive at work on time, establish and maintain productive working relationships, consistently set good example for others and complete work according to department needs and deadlines.
* Driving Sales:Connects with customers by asking open-ended questions to assess customer needs and makes relevant suggestions for the customer’s outdoor lifestyle needs. Educate, inform and share knowledge with customers and other associates. Drives store sales by suggesting additional items to customers to meet their outdoor lifestyle needs. Recommends company programs including Summits, Pro Plans and Credit Card.
* Job Knowledge: Remain up-to-date and demonstrate working knowledge of the job - effectively utilizes internal processes, systems and technology and participates in training relevant to position.
* Adaptability/Flexibility: Demonstrates willingness to perform work outside assigned area adopting a whole store attitude, grasps instruction, learns quickly adapting to change and increase efforts when necessary to complete assignments
* Complete other duties as assigned.
Education/Experience: High School diploma as appropriate for age or working towards a High School diploma, GED or equivalent required; with 1+ years in a fast paced retail environment preferred.
* Proven ability to engage customers and deliver unparalleled customer service every day.
* Possess a positive, can-do attitude and enjoy meeting and interacting with customers.
* Demonstrate excellent selling skills and the ability to meet or exceed sales goals.
* Has a passion for the outdoors and possess outdoor experience either in a retail environment or from personal experience.
* Ability to communicate, both verbally and written, clearly and concisely in English is required.
* Must be willing to work a flexible schedule based on business needs, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
* Able to freely access all areas of the store including sales floor, stock area and register area by standing, walking, stooping, crawling, climbing, crouching, kneeling and climbing a ladder; ability to lift, and/or move up to 50 lbs.
* Must be at least 17 years of age
* Strong computer skills with the ability to effectively maneuver in a Windows environment and through Microsoft Office products.
* Strong Knowledge of hunting, hiking or athletic footwear highly preferred
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Sales jobs in Houston, TX
View similar jobs:
Mortgage Consultant (safe)
Wells Fargo - Tomball, TX
Sales Representative - Facility Services
Cintas Corporation - Houston, TX
Macy's Woodlands: Retail Cosmetics Sales - Beauty Advisor Shiseido, Full Time
Macy's Beauty - The Woodlands, TX
Locate this job: