Assistant Manager, Merchandising - Gap Kids - Aventura Mall Job Listing at Gap Inc. in AVENTURA, FL
Title: Assistant Manager, Merchandising - Gap Kids - Aventura Mall
GENERAL SUMMARY:The Assistant Manager executes the business strategy and leads the store team through customer engagement, operations, people management and merchandising the store. The Assistant Manager supports the leadership team in fostering a positive work environment that ensures both internal and external customer satisfaction, maximizes productivity and drives sales. Providing our customers with an optimal shopping experience is our #1 priority. The Assistant Manager is required to collaborate with peers and perform a variety of cross-functional tasks as assigned by the leader on duty to ensure overall customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Assistant Manager is also responsible for the Areas of Accountability that fall under each category below.
* Executes the business strategy for the store.
* Supports the team to achieve overall store earnings by driving top line sales while managing controllable contribution.
* Acts as the leader on duty regularly and consistently models the brand service standard and sub-brand selling behaviors.
* Analyzes and utilizes Leader on Duty Tracking Sheet to optimize each hour of business.
* Maintains company standard of neat, clean and organized sales floor, cash wrap and fitting room areas ensuring store environment is safe for employees and customers.
* Drives brand loyalty by representing an exceptional customer store experience by assessing interactions on the sales floor and in the fitting room.
* Monitors and drives sales performance and related key performance indicators on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
* Tracks sales associate productivity and ensures that the team is achieving company standards.
* Motivates and inspires the team through focused and actionable sales rallies.
* Executes shortage action plan in partnership with the senior general manager/general manager/assistant general manager to minimize loss and achieve shrinkage goals.
* Ensures optimal sales floor coverage by reviewing Personnel Management and Forecast Edit and Budget Adjustment form and taking into account sales per hour, units per transaction, average transaction and conversion trends using hourly reads to maximize business opportunities.
* Ensures all back room areas including bathrooms and employee break areas are cleaned regularly.
* Ensures compliance to meal and break policies.
* Complies with ordering cycle to ensure that supplies are available.
* Enforces adherence to all corporate policies (e.g., Employee Appearance Guidelines, Return Policy, Safety, Loss Prevention, Store Compliance Audit etc.) as directed by policy and procedure.
* Provides on-the-job-training to all employees on company initiatives and standards to ensure that everyone fully understands company direction.
* Creates and implements training and development plans for sales associates.
* Provides store team with in-the-moment coaching on the sales floor; rewarding good behavior and redirecting when needed in order to drive employee engagement.
* Communicates feedback to sales associates regarding performance.
* Supports the annual review process for sales associates.
* Drives employee engagement by recognizing and rewarding employees for outstanding performance.
* Customer Focus
* Building Effective Teams
* Directing Others
* Drive for Results
* Motivating Others
* Priority Setting
* Reports to the Senior General Manager/General Manager/Assistant General Manager.
* Supervises Lead and Sales Associates.
* Interacts with district manager and other business partners.
As an Assistant Manager you may have responsibilities in one of the following roles.
Assistant Manager – Merchandising:
* Conducts product knowledge training based on new flow and current fashion trend.
* Manages all store supplies including shipment supplies, fixtures and communicates needs to the general manager.
* Supports the assistant general manager in presenting a well-organized, neat, clean, sized and replenished sales floor.
* Completes promotional planning and execution processes.
* Maintains brand integrity in all areas of visual display (e.g. windows, body forms, etc).
* Supports mapping and planning of merchandise flow for new product placement and in-season management.
* Implements and complies with presentation book standards, adjusting visual presentation to consistently ensure brand appropriateness.
* Reviews Delivery Estimate Report to plan for merchandise placement/substitutions.
* Ensures efficient and effective handling of all merchandise from shipment receipt, processing, merchandising floor sets and replenishment systems.
* Ensures efficient and effective replenishment process.
* Oversees and executes markdowns in a timely and accurate manner.
* Ability to model professional behavior as outlined in the Code of Business Conduct, at all times.
* Ability to communicate effectively with sales associates, customers and management.
* Ability to follow written or verbal instruction.
* Ability to create a positive work environment.
* Ability to listen to feedback and take constructive action.
* Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service when on sales floor.
Minimum educational level:
* High School graduate or equivalent.
* Six months of Gap Inc. experience preferred.
* Previous retail experience preferred.
* Experience supervising teams preferred.
* Ability to communicate effectively with customers and store employees.
* Ability to maneuver around sales floor, back room and office areas.
* Ability to travel as required.
* Ability to lift and carry 30 lbs.
* Open availability and flexibility to work nights, weekends, including opening and closing shifts, to meet the needs of the business.
* Regular attendance is an essential function of the job.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Florida Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
Relationship Manager II or III - Business Banking
Chase - FL, Florida
Virtual Job Fair
Bed Bath & Beyond - Destin, FL
Virtual Job Fair
Bed Bath & Beyond - Pensacola, FL
Locate this job: