Assistant Designer, Women's Knits - Old Navy Job Listing at Gap Inc. in United States of America
Title: Assistant Designer, Women's Knits - Old Navy
Location: UNITED STATES
Other Locations: US-CA-SAN FRANCISCO
At Old Navy We Make Value Cool.
From day one, Old Navy was a revolution. We were something the world had never seen - fabulous, affordable fashion. We didn't take ourselves too seriously, and we broke the industry's rules. We said fashion didn't have to be just for rich people. It could be for everyone. We opened our first store in 1994 and we've been on a tear ever since. We were the fastest retailer to reach $1 billion in sales within four years and today we're one of the largest apparel brands in North America, operating more than 1000 stores across the US, Canada and Puerto Rico. Over 350 million (that's not a typo) customers cross our doors and spend over $5 billion dollars with us each year.
* Prepares basic flat sketch designs.
* Assists with basic specification of product.
* Assists with color b.o.m.'s.
* Attends fitting sessions with manager; make revisions to sketch and design package as needed.
* May assist in researching the local market.
* Responsible for administration and follow up of product design process to include preparation of technical packages and presentation boards, understanding of PDM process, email correspondence, etc.
* Responsible for trimming supplies and/or working with Trim Department to keep abreast of current ideas.
* Basic computer knowledge; ability to learn how to design through new/advanced technology (e.g., on-line spec program).
* Basic product and fabric knowledge.
* Basic understanding of garment construction.
* Basic design and color sense.
* Ability to perform basic flat sketches.
* Basic organizational and communication skills.
* Basic computer knowledge.
* College degree in Fashion Design or related field preferred.
* One year design experience (may include summer jobs, internships, etc.)
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Art/Design jobs in USA
View similar jobs:
MyFlorida - LAKE CITY, FL
Locate this job: