Assistant Manager, Global Production, Men's Knits, Gap Brand - New York, NY Job Listing at Gap Inc. in NEW YORK, NY
Title: Assistant Manager, Global Production, Men's Knits, Gap Brand - New York, NY
Location: US-NY-NEW YORK
The Assistant Production Manager actively supports a Global Production Team that is responsible for the execution and communication of a global development and sampling strategy for a specific category or department that supports Design's vision and that meets or exceeds financial goals and bulk execution. He/She coordinates the activities of a pre-production process, classification or key programs, depending on the scope and complexity. He/She assists in tracking bulk production, transmitting necessary information to overseas offices and working with cross-functional partners to execute product strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Financial Management
· Support Global Sourcing Strategy as related to a certain category/sub-category within a department to achieve financial targets.
· Responsible for maintaining costing in ACT.
· Understand department goals as relayed by Manager and Director.
2. Production Management
· Work with Manager on production approval process in collaboration with their Production Execution counter parts.
· Own accuracy of outputs of the PLM system.
· Own accuracy of ACT
· Track all sample fabric, trims and styles for key milestone meetings by calendar deadlines
· Adhere to all calendar deadlines and troubleshoot any missed deadlines with Manager
· Track and ensure on-time delivery of development samples by troubleshooting issues with team, sourcing channels, and logistics. Escalate any exceptions.
· Participate in weekly production status update with Design.
· Confirm and validate all information regarding order quantity placement with overseas offices.
· Monitor and ensure on-time delivery and of bulk production.
· Manage scheduled work w/ GIS and Distribution in PO system.
· Own accuracy of outputs from Order Management System.
· Adhere to all Production and Pipeline processes
3. People and Relationship Management
· Establish a development plan with Supervisor.
· Develop relationship with Mentors, Peers, and all Sourcing Channels.
4. Special Projects
· Drive results for Corporate and Brand initiatives.
1. Knowledge, skills & abilities:
· Production: Manufacturing and product engineering, trade regulations, testing protocol, product integrity, production cycle timeline, calendar management, fabric and garment construction.
· Computer skills: Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, web-based applications.
· Understanding of cross-functional dependencies.
· Effectively communicate in written and verbal form
· Detail oriented with strong follow through; Organize and prioritize multiple projects
· Have a sense of urgency in managing time and accomplishing tasks
· Demonstrate proactive problem solving skills.
· Use basic retail math needed to determine costs, margins and turn
· Influence others; Negotiation skills
· Monitor employee performance, provide feedback, and develop employees through formal and on-the-job training
· Create and maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals
· Ability to react to change
· Solicit feedback/self-development
2. Minimum educational level:
· 4 Year Bachelors Degree preferred
3. Minimum experience:
· 1-2 Years Production experience
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Retail jobs in New York, NY
View similar jobs:
Amazon - New York, NY
Compliance Officer - AML Investigations
J.P. Morgan Chase - NY, New York
Fashion Stylist, Apparel Studio
Amazon - Brooklyn, NY
Locate this job: